Brokerage investor friendly recommendation Around St. Louis, MO?

Brokerage investor friendly recommendation Around St. Louis, MO?

Rental Property Investor · Saint Charles, MO · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 5 votes
Any recommendations for an investor friendly brokerage around the St. Louis Missouri area? I got my real estate license 2 months ago and I'm not sure where to place it and what charges should I expect from local brokers? I'm afraid of being ripped off just because I'm not sure what to expect. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Raad
1Reply
42 views

Most Popular Reply

Property Manager · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2015 · 186 posts · 76 votes
10y

Raad, I'm a St Louis buy & hold investor who decided to get their license (if I help other people buy property I won't take on too many projects myself, plus I love all of the data on the MLS) and had this question as well. @Mackal Smith already mentioned SSIC and Nick Bauer - excellent resources. 

Before I'd try to recommend brokers I'd ask what you want to do with your license.  Are you looking to make purchases yourself or for other investors?  Do you want a brokerage that lets you do your thing or one that provides mentorship, classes, and systems for you to use. Regardless of what you want to do I recommend sitting down with multiple brokers and asking lots of questions.  You should get a feel of the office and whether it's a good fit.  Whatever you do, make sure to ask about the fine print and what's required (classes, marketing materials) for new agents along with any associated costs.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Ballwin, MO · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 83 votes
    10y

    Hi Raad,

    I'm not an agent, but I am a member of the South Side Investment Club. Nick Bauer runs the monthly meetup and has a brokerage business that covers both the Illinois and Missouri side. I like the club, and they are good about helping investors. Nick bills his brokerage as a low-cost alternative to some of the other local brokerages for agents. The club is legitimate and I like what I hear there a lot. It is worth your time to reach out to Nick and see what he has to offer. Just Bing SSIC and you'll find his info. Otherwise we meet every 2nd Thursday at the Shrewsbury Civic Center. In fact, I'm online tonight after the meeting responding on Bigger Pockets...

    -mac

  • Property Manager · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2015 · 186 posts · 76 votes
    10y

    Raad, I'm a St Louis buy & hold investor who decided to get their license (if I help other people buy property I won't take on too many projects myself, plus I love all of the data on the MLS) and had this question as well. @Mackal Smith already mentioned SSIC and Nick Bauer - excellent resources. 

    Before I'd try to recommend brokers I'd ask what you want to do with your license.  Are you looking to make purchases yourself or for other investors?  Do you want a brokerage that lets you do your thing or one that provides mentorship, classes, and systems for you to use. Regardless of what you want to do I recommend sitting down with multiple brokers and asking lots of questions.  You should get a feel of the office and whether it's a good fit.  Whatever you do, make sure to ask about the fine print and what's required (classes, marketing materials) for new agents along with any associated costs.

  • Rental Property Investor · Washington, MO · Member since 2015 · 30 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    @Raad Qumsieh

    Did you end up finding a brokerage to place your licence? I recently passed my real estate test and I am looking for the same thing. I am a fairly new local investor and just looking for an investor friendly brokerage with low fees. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.