Need Lender or professional advice,buyers need nonconforming loan

Need Lender or professional advice,buyers need nonconforming loan

Wholesaler · Mckinleyville, CA · Member since 2015 · 192 posts · 69 votes

I have some buyers that have fallen in love with one of my houses, however; they have an FHA loan with a seasoning requirement. I don't know much about conventional loans in general (I usually only deal with cash buyers) but I'm hoping I can help them get a non-conforming loan that doesn't have a seasoning requirement so I can sell them this house. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

0Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Certified Public Accountant · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 72 posts · 24 votes
10y

@Account Closed I think it's very nice of you to do this level of research for them.  I know you want to get the deal done, but this isn't your problem (technically).  So kudos to you for going the distance.  I wish I could help!

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 531 posts · 266 votes
    10y

    For conventional they need to put down 20%. Sounds like your buyers were not qualified to even schedule the showing.  

  • Wholesaler · Mckinleyville, CA · Member since 2015 · 192 posts · 69 votes
    10y

    I believe they have the 20% down if they needed to use it, they were just trying not to if they didn't have to.

    Well im telling them now they have to. I'm not touching a seasoning requirement with a ten foot pole.

    I'm just curious if anyone has a type of loan or lender they can recommend, so I can at least steer them in the right direction.

  • Upen PatelPro Member
    Lender · Nationwide Lender · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 814 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed When you say FHA seasoning requirement, it sounds to me like they have not meet their 1 yr occupancy requirement.

    Are they looking to buy the property as owner occupy or for rental? If OO, then they will be committing mortgage fraud. If rental, then they will continue to live at their current location and meet their FHA occupancy requirement.

  • Wholesaler · Mckinleyville, CA · Member since 2015 · 192 posts · 69 votes
    10y

    No, they are looking to buy their first home with an FHA loan. This loan has a seasoning requirement which would require that I (the seller) needs to have owned the property for more than 90 days. I'm trying to do a double closing so obviously this isn't possible. But I'm trying to steer them towards a conventional loan with no seasoning requirement, so they can purchase the property immediately after I purchase it.

  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    10y

    @Account Closed

    Are they doing FHA because they like the low down payment, because they have DTI issues, because they have credit issues, or because they think that's the only traditional mortgage with less than 5% down?

  • Wholesaler · Mckinleyville, CA · Member since 2015 · 192 posts · 69 votes
    10y

    @Chris Mason

    I believe they liked the low down payment. 

    However they are willing to come up with more if it means getting a loan I can work with. 

  • Certified Public Accountant · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 72 posts · 24 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed I think it's very nice of you to do this level of research for them.  I know you want to get the deal done, but this isn't your problem (technically).  So kudos to you for going the distance.  I wish I could help!

  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    10y

    I've got a relatively new set of guidelines sitting here dated February 5, 2016, that I've been itching to use in exactly this scenario becaaaaaaaause.... 3% down.

    Non-FHA, I don't see any commentary about flips. Silence generally implies consent.

  • Wholesaler · Mckinleyville, CA · Member since 2015 · 192 posts · 69 votes
    10y

    @Albert Okagbue  thank you for the kind words. There is a human element to this story, and if at all possible, I want to help them. People before paper. 

  • Certified Public Accountant · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 72 posts · 24 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed Yes.  In practice how I describe it to myself is that the money doesn't come out of no-where.  It comes from peoples' pockets.  Keep it up!  Let us know how it all works out.

  • Wholesaler · Mckinleyville, CA · Member since 2015 · 192 posts · 69 votes
    10y

    @Chris Mason  this is very intriguing and may work. Ill get you my contact number, let's see what we can do

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.