Real Estate Club in Montreal? Ottawa? Cornwall?

Real Estate Club in Montreal? Ottawa? Cornwall?

Wholesaler · Montreal, QC · Member since 2016 · 66 posts · 20 votes

Hello everyone.  I see there are many BP members from Montreal.  In the spirit of saving time I'm hoping you'll all see this Topic.

Do you know of any ACTIVE real estate investing groups here in Montreal? Or even in Ottawa? Or (however unlikely) Cornwall?

I've found a good number of REI Clubs through meetup.com but they all seem to be dead. One was active as recently as APRIL!!  :-)

If there aren't any real estate investing groups into which I can tap, are you interested in our starting one?

Thank you, everyone, for responding.

Cheers,

Lynne

1Reply
42 views

Most Popular Reply

Ottawa, Ontario · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 16 votes
10y

Hi Lynne,

There's an active group in Ottawa that meets monthly. The annual membership fee is very reasonable considering you get a free dinner once a year during the summer. Great guests and good topics. I have attached a link below.

http://www.oreio.org

Best,

Taylor

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Carignan, Québec · Member since 2014 · 107 posts · 25 votes
    10y

    Hi Lynne, 

    I also notice that all the REI club on meet up are dead and the only active rei are in french. If you start a new group, I would be keen to participate.

    Olivier

  • Wholesaler · Montreal, QC · Member since 2016 · 66 posts · 20 votes
    10y

    Meme s'il y a une groupe en francais, ce me plaira.  Moi, je ne trouve absolument RIEN actif. ;(  

    Et oui, Olivier, si on se regroupera, les gens d'ici chez BiggerPockets, je te garderai au courant.

  • Ottawa, Ontario · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 16 votes
    10y

    Hi Lynne,

    There's an active group in Ottawa that meets monthly. The annual membership fee is very reasonable considering you get a free dinner once a year during the summer. Great guests and good topics. I have attached a link below.

    http://www.oreio.org

    Best,

    Taylor

  • Investor · Ottawa, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 225 posts · 46 votes
    10y

    @Taylor Servais - I have bookmarked it, but there is no link to register on Eventbrite for the Sep 13th event.

  • Ottawa, Ontario · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 16 votes
    10y

    Usually the link to register appears on the website within a week or two of the event. It should be available soon. 

  • Steph WooPro Member
    Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Hi Lynne, 
    were you successful in finding any meet ups in montreal? especially bigger pocket community?

    I'm thinking of starting it up if no one has already. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Montreal, Qc · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Hello Steph,

    If you do start a REI club, I would gladly join!

  • Rental Property Investor · Montreal, QC · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Hi all,
    I am new to the BP forums and intend to invest in the Montreal area over the next couple years.
    I would love to join a local REI group to share thoughts, plans, and even create a solid network base.

    If something does form I would also be joining (English or French). 

  • Investor · Montreal, Quebec · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Hi,

    i'm interested in joinning too (English or French).

    thank you,

    Alain.

  • Philippe LaurinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Laval, Quebec · Member since 2014 · 105 posts · 44 votes
    8y

    Hi,

    The next Montreal event from the Club d'investisseur immobilier du Québec is next week (Sept 4). Let's do a BP get together at a restaurant nearby and head to the conference after. Let's try Resto-bar La Veranda :

    https://goo.gl/maps/McZgLXY6WSR2

    Who's in?

  • Rental Property Investor · Montreal, Qc · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Philippe Laurin:

    Hi,

    The next Montreal event from the Club d'investisseur immobilier du Québec is next week (Sept 4). Let's do a BP get together at a restaurant nearby and head to the conference after. Let's try Resto-bar La Veranda :

    https://goo.gl/maps/McZgLXY6WSR2

    Who's in?

    Unfortunately, the 4th is a busy day for me. If you do happen to set up a meeting in the weekends, I'd be happy to join in. There's actually a rather big database of Montreal Real Estate Investors in "meetup.com", but all the groups are inactive. If you make a new group on it, I think we'd get quite an audience. 

  • Philippe LaurinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Laval, Quebec · Member since 2014 · 105 posts · 44 votes
    8y

    @Steph Woo, @Robert B., @Alain Ghanem: Care to join tonight?

    @Account Closed

    @Account Closed: I've never been on meetup.com, I'll create a group soon so that we can get things rolling. 

  • Steph WooPro Member
    Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Hey Phil!!! 

    Tonight is a little last minute for me! But im SO HAPPY you are alive lol. A Montrealer AND a BP member!!! K lets link up and get a community going!! We’ll mastermind around how to build it as a team!!!

    S 

  • Investor · Montreal, Quebec · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    It's a bit last minute to me too, but I'm definitely interested in joining you guys.

    Over the weekend (if possible) is a bit better for me, since unfortunately I still have a day job !!!!!

    Regards,

    Alain.

  • Rental Property Investor · Montreal, QC · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    @Philippe Laurin 

    This week is a little too tight. Going forward I will keep a closer eye on this thread.
    Meetings are usually monthly?

    -Robert

  • Philippe LaurinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Laval, Quebec · Member since 2014 · 105 posts · 44 votes
    8y

    @Robert B., yes the CIIQ conferences are a monthly event. 

  • Investor · Laval · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Hello everyone.

    I am also interested in joining this group.  BP member from Laval but am willing to share knowledge and experience with the community.  Will definitively join the next meeting when there is one.

    Rod.

    (Français ou Anglais, qu'importe)

  • Rental Property Investor · Montreal, Quebec, Canada. · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    I'm from montreal myself and would love to attend a meetup if one were organized.

    Like a lot of folks here I'm also bilingual.

  • Philippe LaurinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Laval, Quebec · Member since 2014 · 105 posts · 44 votes
    8y

    Let's meet up next week. I've posted a separate message for this meetup: 

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/86/topics/614...

    cc @Account Closed

  • Philippe LaurinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Laval, Quebec · Member since 2014 · 105 posts · 44 votes
    8y

    Ok it seems my post was removed because it's not in the correct forums section, I'm waiting for an answer from a moderator to see where I should post it. The "events" section would be a good place but it looks like it's for USA only events. 

  • Steph WooPro Member
    Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    name a place a time, ill be there ( preferably more west) st laurent ok too! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Montreal, QC · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    @Philippe Laurin 

    Wed, Thu, or Fri look best for me next week.

  • Philippe LaurinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Laval, Quebec · Member since 2014 · 105 posts · 44 votes
    8y

    The place I wanted us to meet at is called Vices-Versa on St-Laurent. I was proposing Thursday from 7:00pm, how does that sound?

  • Rental Property Investor · Montreal, QC · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Yes that works.

    :)

  • Rental Property Investor · Montreal, Qc · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by :

    Let's meet up next week. I've posted a separate message for this meetup: 

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/86/topics/614...

    I happen to be working on Weekdays, weekends or Fridays would be preferable. 

    Also, VSL's a great location for me also. 

    Sincerely,

    Rainer 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.