Columbus OH - New! Short term property management company-Airbnb.

5 Replies

I have started and am running a new service in my company for helping property owners and landlords take advantage of the short-term rental phenomena! I am a broker, and investor myself, and a year ago I decided this Airbnb thing is no-joke, and I started a new company called Housepitality. So now I manage 6+ houses full time on Airbnb, and am adding more as we speak. These houses are achieving a 94%+ occupancy rate, and we are bringing in 3X - 4X the rates of what long-term rentals would achieve. Some of these are houses we own, some we are managing for other clients. We have a team of cleaning crews, and managers, and we are looking to expand!

We are looking for investors who wan to own an "Airbnb" or a short term rental property. We will help you find the property that will make the most money, and help you with set-up and management of the unit. We can offer as little as consulting, or as much as full 

If you have a property in Columbus OH, and are interested in seeing what we can do for you just send me a message. 

Hello, I have been interested in getting an airbnb property in Columbus. I would love to talk to you further about your rates, what areas you see that are renting at 94% occupancy and if you also provide marketing services. Looking forward to hearing more!

Originally posted by @Benjamin Vail :

I have started and am running a new service in my company for helping property owners and landlords take advantage of the short-term rental phenomena! I am a broker, and investor myself, and a year ago I decided this Airbnb thing is no-joke, and I started a new company called Housepitality. So now I manage 6+ houses full time on Airbnb, and am adding more as we speak. These houses are achieving a 94%+ occupancy rate, and we are bringing in 3X - 4X the rates of what long-term rentals would achieve. Some of these are houses we own, some we are managing for other clients. We have a team of cleaning crews, and managers, and we are looking to expand!

We are looking for investors who wan to own an "Airbnb" or a short term rental property. We will help you find the property that will make the most money, and help you with set-up and management of the unit. We can offer as little as consulting, or as much as full 

If you have a property in Columbus OH, and are interested in seeing what we can do for you just send me a message. 

Sounds like a great idea Benjamin! We have some investors that would be interested in this type of investing as well. I sold an airbnb condo this year in the Short North in columbus near the convention Center that has been wildly successful and a duplex in Hilliard for owners that do the same thing. 

Can you provide a little bit more information about how you would recommend and go after airbnb homes? 1 bedrooms, 2 bedrooms, condos? How much do you charge for cleaning fees? What is your management fees? I'll send you a PM as well but i think a few of these are good questions to ask. 

There are always risks with airbnb (condo policies like banning them, some loans have airbnb clauses that state you can't use them as well, so there is definitely risk with this as well, I think it's important to let all parties now including the bank the intention. 

@Benjamin Vail This sounds like a great idea, we have 14 units of our own and 1 of them we airBNB and have found that to be quite successful. I'd love to get a drink sometime and learn more about what you look for and what you've found success with.

Hi Benjamin,   Do you have an opinion on the how much the location matters for air bnb?  I would think closer to downtown the better but have heard investors say as long as you are 10-15 minutes from downtown you are okay if is a nice neighborhood.   I have one friend that secured a 1 month air bnb for $1,000 close to Henderson Road in the home he lives in.