Looking to meet up with local TULSA,OK BP Members!!

Looking to meet up with local TULSA,OK BP Members!!

Bixby, OK · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 7 votes

Hello Everyone!

Im from the Tulsa, ok area and have in the last six months started my journey in real estate investing. I currently have not done any deals but am enrolled and actively taking my real estate license course! I have done a lot of reading but ultimately would like to just meet up and talk to local investors! If anyone in the Tulsa area would like to meet up! I'll buy the coffee!

My current focus is wholesaling. The reason being is my funds are limited and would like to get the best possible use for marketing my business. I feel as if wholesaling would get my business name out there much quicker and more efficiently. My current steps are setting up a phone number to use for bandit signs as well as a website. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, post them up for everyone to see!!

1Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Urbana, IL · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 425 votes
8y

@Abel Rodriguez take some action and do those things you've mentioned! Don't wait to get all your ducks in a row because they may never be and you'll never learn from those mistakes if you never make them if you're too busy trying to set up a system; a system which you don't know will work because you haven't taken the actions yet to find out results. 

I am certainly not a proponent of wholesaling for beginners. IMO, it takes a lot of time to learn the different skills, set up the marketing, set up the systems, and learn the business. I used to think being a jack of all trades was the way to go because I didn't trust others to do as well as me but I have seen the light! Become great at a couple of things and force yourself to rely on others to do well on the others. Eventually, you'll become great on working with others as team members.

BTW, welcome to the group and congrats on moving forward with your licensing! Keep taking action each day that makes hesitant just a little bit each day. Soon those hesitations turn into habits which don't feel awkward at all. Keep up the good work!

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Urbana, IL · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 425 votes
    8y

    @Abel Rodriguez take some action and do those things you've mentioned! Don't wait to get all your ducks in a row because they may never be and you'll never learn from those mistakes if you never make them if you're too busy trying to set up a system; a system which you don't know will work because you haven't taken the actions yet to find out results. 

    I am certainly not a proponent of wholesaling for beginners. IMO, it takes a lot of time to learn the different skills, set up the marketing, set up the systems, and learn the business. I used to think being a jack of all trades was the way to go because I didn't trust others to do as well as me but I have seen the light! Become great at a couple of things and force yourself to rely on others to do well on the others. Eventually, you'll become great on working with others as team members.

    BTW, welcome to the group and congrats on moving forward with your licensing! Keep taking action each day that makes hesitant just a little bit each day. Soon those hesitations turn into habits which don't feel awkward at all. Keep up the good work!

  • Bixby, OK · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    @Steven J. I've done a ton of research in the last few days on setting up a separate phone number. would you think that google voice would be a good resource to use to start or should I use something else?

    Also you mentioned that you're not a huge fan of wholesaling for beginners, if you don't mind me asking, what would you suggest be a good starting point?

    like I said I have limited funds, thats the reason I went with wholesaling, I could purchase things as funds came in versus trying to have a lump sum. 

    I have a small buyers list. My first step is to figure out the phone number situation, then create a website and order maybe 100 bandit signs. keeping numbers small, but getting the ball rolling on marketing. 

  • Urbana, IL · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 425 votes
    8y

    Yes, Google voice is a great way to start. Its been my favorite service so far but you'll only get one number per phone number so really you are limited in how many numbers you can have.

    I think of it as two directions you can go - 

    1.) Go it alone wholesaling from scratch learning as you go. You probably won't make money very quickly and you'll spend of lot of time and waste lots of money figuring out what is and isn't working in your market. If you've got lots of time and are confident in sticking to a plan then this is maybe right for you; most its not. I've spent countless hours making spreadsheets and forms to 'track' information that are now lost in folders elsewhere and never actually pushed anything forward.

    2.) Find a local investor to team up with whether it as an office assistant, a quasi property manager who helps find tenants and checks them in, or a flipper. Don't expect to get paid in this scenario and expect to work awhile with them to prove your worth BUT you are actually doing tasks specifically related to the real estate deals with this investor. I think you'd likely learn more with the right local investor because you're practicing what they have already found to work. 

  • Property Manager · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Abel, I'd be happy to meet up and discuss different opportunities in real estate.  Give me a shout and we can schedule something!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.