NY a tax deed or tax lien state???

NY a tax deed or tax lien state???

New to Real Estate · New York, NY · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 2 votes

Does anyone know if NY is a tax deed or tax lien state? I keep getting different results when I look it up.

1Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Sugar Hill, GA · Member since 2014 · 168 posts · 97 votes
7y
Originally posted by @Teri Parker:

Does anyone know if NY is a tax deed or tax lien state? I keep getting different results when I look it up.

 New York is a Tax Deed State. 

I know because I almost exclusively work on tax sales now days and I researched some counties in New York.   You can see info for specific counties in New York  in the Tax Sales information section of Aurora-Investing.com

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Sugar Hill, GA · Member since 2014 · 168 posts · 97 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Teri Parker:

    Does anyone know if NY is a tax deed or tax lien state? I keep getting different results when I look it up.

     New York is a Tax Deed State. 

    I know because I almost exclusively work on tax sales now days and I researched some counties in New York.   You can see info for specific counties in New York  in the Tax Sales information section of Aurora-Investing.com

  • Investor · Sugar Hill, GA · Member since 2014 · 168 posts · 97 votes
    7y
  • New to Real Estate · New York, NY · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Ed Mayo thanks I used the site, and found out NY is a tax deed state except for NYC counties which are tax lien…weird

  • North NJ · Member since 2015 · 100 posts · 28 votes
    6y

    @Teri Parker whatd the difference between tax deed and tax lien?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.