Redding CA -Shasta County Meetup

Redding CA -Shasta County Meetup

Karen MargraveBusiness Member
Moderator
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes

Hi everyone! I've relocated back to Redding, CA and settled in. I'm back up to speed, and wanting to get together with other BP members, and talk about this crazy market, what's going on in the Downtown area, the high demand for rental units, etc.

Open to all Biggerpockets members and REI in Redding, CA, Anderson, Cottonwood, Shasta Lake City, Palo Cedro... Let's meetup and talk all things real estate! In

Have a deal, looking for one? Lender? Borrower? Need info on something? Please come!

1st week of December 2019. Place to be determined. Please respond

0Reply
212 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Redding, CA · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 12 votes
6y

Hi! Great timing. I was planning on gathering RE investors in Redding soon. I’m in. 

See this reply in the discussion

62 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Redding, CA · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Following, definitely interested if in town

  • Rental Property Investor · Redding, CA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    We had a meetup at Woodys in their back room earlier this year. Parking is pretty good there as well as their food and drinks (in my opinion). I can look through my email and see if I can find everyone from that meetup because I think some of them are missing from these threads. 

  • Redding, CA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    I plan on attending.  Woody's has that little side room, may not be occupied on a week night?

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Woody's sound good to me..

  • Rental Property Investor · northern California · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    sounds good to me as well..

  • Wholesaler · Redding, CA · Member since 2015 · 218 posts · 27 votes
    6y

    Interested! 

  • Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2018 · 35 posts · 16 votes
    6y

    @Karen Margrave I'm interested! I've got a few friends who will come as well!

  • Investor · Redding, CA · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    I’ll be there if I’m not working. Maybe 50/50 chance.  Thanks

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    Ok!! We're scheduled for 5:00 P.M. , January 14th at Woody's. 1257 Oregon Street, Redding, CA 96001. 

    Please remember, this is a local business, and they like all tenants have rent to pay, so let's support them by purchasing food and beverages. Please call/text me if you have questions. 530-782.5312 

  • Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2018 · 35 posts · 16 votes
    6y

    @Karen Margrave

    Did you mean to say November?

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    @Joshua Cruz Oops... good save! Sorry, I'm over in Hawaii, and did the post on the fly. 

    JANUARY 14th

    5:00 P.M. at Woody's Brewing (1527 Oregon Street, Redding, CA 96001)

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    @Jordan Michaud can you send names of those that attended prior meetup? Thanks

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    Questions (for lining up speakers that bring real value) copy/paste/answer. Your interest?

    1. Loans, HML, conventional?

    2. Property niche (buy/hold, flip, STR, SFR, LTR, etc)

    3. Tax (1031, other)

    4. Property Management

    5. Home inspections

    6. Appraisal

    7. Contractors

    8. Other?

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/791148-redding-ca-shasta-county-meetup?highlight_post=4646003&page=1#p4646003

  • Wholesaler · Redding, CA · Member since 2015 · 218 posts · 27 votes
    6y

    @Karen Margrave 1257 Oregon Street, Redding, CA 96001??** 

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    @Paul Fagot yes, at Woodys.

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    I wanted to say thank you for all that made it. Those of you that didn't, we'll do it again next month. However; I am changing day to 2nd Thursday of the month as one of the members can never make a Tues. hope that doesn't mess up anyone else, or we'll have to rotate. 

    Woody's was a little loud. They said since it was our first meeting rather than tying us down to the 250 deposit, they'd put us in corner, but it was impossible for everyone to hear each other. For those of you that have been in the bigger room on the side, is it better, or should i find a different venue with food/drinks still, but better accoustics? 

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    To anyone interested in the future meetups, please send me your email addresses so that I can make sure everyone has information. I will still post on BP Events, but I know sometimes people don't check in here as often and may miss notices. 

    Please, tag everyone you know in Redding, Shasta and Tehama Counties that you know. 

    Also, please let me know what niche you're interested in (SFR, MFR, or ?) , what you are looking for as far as information (loan types etc.), what new things you'd like to learn about (development, new construction, multi family, commercial, or ?) You don't have to be actually working the niche, but curious and wanting to learn.

    @Matt Christensen @Christopher Deforest @Danny G. @Cynthia Hinckley @Chris Low @Tiffany Reguera @Michael Halow @Andrew Jacobsen @Morgan M. @Lana Sha @Garrett Hawthorne

    @Conner Bridwell @Benjamin Goodpasture @Jordan Michaud  @Tom Northrop @Vincent Rodriguez @Zach Wain @Ramon DeLeon

  • Investor · Redding, CA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Glad to hear a meetup is starting here in Redding.  I'm looking forward to attending the next one.

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    Follow this to the Event page for the February 13th Meetup  

    We will be having a guest at the Meetup that may get you to rethink where you're investing in Shasta County. 

  • Wholesaler · Redding, CA · Member since 2015 · 218 posts · 27 votes
    6y
  • Blue Lake, CA · Member since 2019 · 33 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Good morning. I live out on the coast in Humboldt County. I wish I could make it to some of your meetups and keep expanding my network. I'm getting interested in making additional units out of decent sized garages and finding vacant lots to build a spec house with an attached ADU. I'm interested in making connections with developers and GC out in your area because cost of building out here is higher.

    -Taylor

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    @Conner Bridwell @Matt Christensen @Joshua Cruz @Jesse Eberle @Paul Fagot @Danny G. @Benjamin Goodpasture @Taylor Knott @Tiffany Reguera @Vincent Rodriguez @Zach Wain @Ramon DeLeon

    If you're coming to the Redding Shasta County Meetup this week, please go on to Events and sign up. PLEASE tag others you know that may be interested.  We are havimg a guest speaker that you'll enjoy meeting and hearing from. She has a real passion for our area and is involved with Redding, Anderson, and a Planning Commissioner in Shasta Lake City where there are some exciting changes getting ready to happen. 

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Karen Margrave

    Hi there, my name is Kyle Jones and I’m just beginning my real estate investing adventure. I live in Redding and would like to start investing here. It looks like I just missed the February meeting but I would love to come to the next one. Can you please add me to the email list for future meetings? Thanks -Kyle

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    @Kyle Jones  Welcome. I will add you to the list. They will be on the 2nd Thursday of the month, at 5 p.m. with location to be determined. Set your keyword alerts to Redding Shasta County Meetup, Redding Meetup, Redding, etc. I will list it on the Events forum too. I'm also starting a FB page for Biggerpockets Redding so that people can stay connected, post deals, ask for help, etc. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.