Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
Hi everyone! I've relocated back to Redding, CA and settled in. I'm back up to speed, and wanting to get together with other BP members, and talk about this crazy market, what's going on in the Downtown area, the high demand for rental units, etc.
Open to all Biggerpockets members and REI in Redding, CA, Anderson, Cottonwood, Shasta Lake City, Palo Cedro... Let's meetup and talk all things real estate! In
Have a deal, looking for one? Lender? Borrower? Need info on something? Please come!
1st week of December 2019. Place to be determined. Please respond
I think this is going to be a great meetup!! Getting good interest I think. We have a very hot market here, especially in the under 350k range; and if you've been looking for properties I'm sure you're well aware of this.
What types of properties are you looking for? Fixers to fix and sell, Fixer to rehab and rent, Buy and hold, SFR or MFR?
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
6y
Good afternoon everyone. Please tag anyone you know that might be interested in a Redding/Shasta County Meetup. I had hoped to start the meetup in December, however; with all the parties and various things, it's a difficult time for finding a place and where everyone has the time. Therefore; I want to start it up the 2nd week of January. Let's set it so that it's the same day every month, to keep it simple. What day works for you? Do you prefer an office setting, brewerie, restaurant, etc.?
Also, what types of properties are you interested in? Are you currently looking, just starting to get educated on the process, etc.? Do you need help on locating properties, finding funding, learnig the process of real estate and loans, or ? Let me know what interests you, and I'll be able to line up people to speak at our meetups.
Rental Property Investor · Redding, CA · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 12 votes
6y
@Karen Margrave Lenders would be amazing, I know there are a lot of HML out in the bay area and Sac, but are there any local lenders. I've been out of the area for a handful of years and recently moved back and am looking to hopefully acquire some buy and holds for the long term. Personally I'm not too keen on flipping but that's just me. Have a great holiday season and I look forward to meeting up with everyone in January!
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
6y
Regarding the Redding / Shasta County Meetup
How about the 2nd TUESDAY of the month, STARTING JANUARY 14TH. (Does that work?)
We've been successful with other meetups by having them on a set week and day of the month, usually in the same location. So .. Please copy/paste and reply
what works for you as far as start time,
and what area are you coming from?
Please list some names of places you like.
Once we choose venue I will put this on EVENTS page.
Please invite any members you know in Redding, Shasta Lake, Anderson, Cottonwood, Shasta County, Tehama County, etc.
The first meetup will be introductions, getting to know each other, bring any needs/wants as far as deals to share, and let me know what types of speakers you'd like to hear from in the future that will help you in your journey.
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
6y
I'm going to be out of town from the 2-10th of January, and I really don't want to stretch to the end of January. However; in February we will switch to the 2nd Thursday of the month to accommodate @Chris Low. Does that work for everyone? If not, we'll have to figure out a formula that works ;)
For now we will keep it on the 14th of January. Let me check a few venues for happy hour and nail down the time.
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
6y
I need a head count of who will be at the meeting on the 14th so that I can find the venue. We can also do at my office on Cypress Avenue if everyone would rather do that. PLEASE WEIGH IN!
Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2019 · 434 posts · 248 votes
6y
Just joining BP and plan on traveling to my licensed states multiple times a year. Let me know when you do the next one and I will try and fly out or happy to join on FaceTime.
I will be deciding on venue for the Meetup on the 14th. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Some places require a $200 guarantee in food sales, and since this is our first meetup, I'm not sure how many will be there.
Woody's, Fall River Brewing, From the Hearth, Los Ramos, others .... any preferences? I like Downtown, but the parking is tough. Or, our office has a large networking area. PLEASE give thoughts.
I want to encourage everyone to support whatever business we use by purchasing food, drinks, etc. as they have rents to pay too. :) Thank you.