Investing in South East Columbus (Glenbrook)

7 Replies

I'm looking to get started in real estate with a house hack in the Columbus area. I found a duplex in Glenbrook in South East Columbus. It has a lot of positives about it but my biggest concern is the area. From what I've seen I would say it's a class C neighborhood.

Does anyone have experience living in or renting out a property in Glenbrook or South Eastern Columbus in general? I really appreciate any feedback you have. 

Originally posted by @Quinn Miller :

I'm looking to get started in real estate with a house hack in the Columbus area. I found a duplex in Glenbrook in South East Columbus. It has a lot of positives about it but my biggest concern is the area. From what I've seen I would say it's a class C neighborhood.

Does anyone have experience living in or renting out a property in Glenbrook or South Eastern Columbus in general? I really appreciate any feedback you have. 

I would reach out to a Columbus, Ohio property manager and pick their brain. @Mitch Deminski @Peter Lohmann

Originally posted by @Quinn Miller :

I'm looking to get started in real estate with a house hack in the Columbus area. I found a duplex in Glenbrook in South East Columbus. It has a lot of positives about it but my biggest concern is the area. From what I've seen I would say it's a class C neighborhood.

I sold plenty in south east columbus. Doubles mostly. Easy to rent, just have to filter through the applications to find a good tenant. To make it more secure, you can ask for first and last months rent and security deposit up front. or do a larger application fee.

Originally posted by @Remington Lyman :
Originally posted by @Quinn Miller:

I would reach out to a Columbus, Ohio property manager and pick their brain. @Mitch Deminski @Peter Lohmann

I don't think peter would manage down here if you've ever talked to him he does A and B assets mostly. 

@Robert Ellis Thanks for the input, I'll definitely take that into consideration when it comes time to find a tenant. 

I'd say you're right about Peter not managing in that area, I plan to self-manage as long as I'm living there. Mitch said he does manage in that area so I'd probably reach out to him when the time comes to bring in a property manager.