New from New Jersey!

New from New Jersey!

Tyler McneePro Member
Member since 2020 · 27 posts · 4 votes

Hey everyone! New investor from New Jersey looking to get my first multi family in the coming months.

Wanted to see if there is anyone else from New Jersey on here that can recommend so up and coming towns that could be good investments!

Thanks!

Tyler

1Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 6 votes
6y

Welcome.  I'm a real estate attorney in Manasquan and a real estate investor as well.  I know a lot of people in the Ocean, Monmouth and Middlesex county areas.  Let me know if there's anything I can do for you. As for investing, stay away from my area.  lol


Tony

See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · NJ · Member since 2018 · 869 posts · 921 votes
    6y

    Jersey Is a small state with a lot of areas that could be good investments. My advice Is to stick with a part of it your familiar with. 

  • Specialist · Plano, TX · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 861 votes
    6y

    @Tyler Mcnee welcome to BiggerPockets. I look forward to connecting with you. 

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    6y

    @Tyler Mcnee

    Welcome to the BP family! Good to have you here! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Tyler McneePro Member
    OP
    Member since 2020 · 27 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Dmitriy Fomichenko awesome thank you for this!

  • Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    @Tyler Mcnee

    Also new to BP and investing in NJ. Trying to get funding now through a mortgage broker, but will most likely check out hard money loans depending on how it all sorts out. Where are you thinking about looking?

  • Tyler McneePro Member
    OP
    Member since 2020 · 27 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Keith W. I'm looking in areas that I know about already like new brunswick, somwerville, asbury, edison, metuchen. How about you? It's hard to look in areas I'm not sure about because I don't know anything about the towns

  • Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    @Tyler Mcnee

    Similar, just a bit further south, like Howell, Freehold, Brick, etc. So much to learn!

  • Tyler McneePro Member
    OP
    Member since 2020 · 27 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Keith Weiss I know it’s a lot! Haha I actually live in freehold but just moved here in January

  • Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    @Tyler Mcnee

    Very cool. Definitely some opportunities down here. Are you working with an agent yet?

  • Tyler McneePro Member
    OP
    Member since 2020 · 27 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Keith W. yup! My aunt is actually an agent so it was easy for me to get one. What town do you live in btw? know of any meetups or anything?

  • Specialist · Trenton, NJ · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Tyler Mcnee

    I’ve been looking in New Brunswick area as well. Has potential for college rentals (Rutgers University) and multi family homes as well.

  • Tyler McneePro Member
    OP
    Member since 2020 · 27 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Kevin Bibiano yeah I think new brunswick would be pretty good. seems like the houses are a little older though so more upkeep. Do you have any rentals in NJ?

  • Specialist · Trenton, NJ · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Tyler Mcnee No not yet. I’m an aspiring buy and hold investor taking my first year to save cash and gain as much knowledge as possible. You are right though, the houses are a bit older and one should leave room for bigger capex reserves.

  • Tyler McneePro Member
    OP
    Member since 2020 · 27 posts · 4 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Kevin Bibiano:

    @Tyler Mcnee No not yet. I’m an aspiring buy and hold investor taking my first year to save cash and gain as much knowledge as possible. You are right though, the houses are a bit older and one should leave room for bigger capex reserves.

    Yup, I'm in the same boat as you!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Ridgewood, NJ · Member since 2018 · 27 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Tyler Mcnee

    How’s Somerville, I know they’re building that place up. I’ve been researching sommerset county and like what I see. Any advice which cities are booming right now???

  • Tyler McneePro Member
    OP
    Member since 2020 · 27 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Richard L. I might be the wrong person to ask because I don't have any rentals yet haha but yeah Somerville is a great town nowadays! They really built that town up!

  • Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    Welcome.  I'm a real estate attorney in Manasquan and a real estate investor as well.  I know a lot of people in the Ocean, Monmouth and Middlesex county areas.  Let me know if there's anything I can do for you. As for investing, stay away from my area.  lol


    Tony

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2020 · 29 posts · 7 votes
    6y

     How about the Newark nj area ? 

  • Wholesaler · ….. · Member since 2016 · 43 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Tyler Mcnee wholesaler from jersey 💪🏽💪🏽 at your service

  • Wholesaler · ….. · Member since 2016 · 43 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Keith W. Keith I am a wholesaler in jersey .

  • Tyler McneePro Member
    OP
    Member since 2020 · 27 posts · 4 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jerome Jewell:

    @Tyler Mcnee wholesaler from jersey 💪🏽💪🏽 at your service

    @Jerome Jewell Awesome! I'm looking for a small multifamily in NJ for around $200-350k. if you ever come across anything send it my way! Appreciate it!

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Hi Everyone! I too am interested in a few cities in NJ. I'd be happy to connect with local investors or realtors who know some good cash flowing areas that fit my criteria. If so, please send me a DM

  • Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    @Jerome Jewell

    Awesome man! As soon as I complete my current project, I’ll be back out there lookin.

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    4y

    @Tyler Mcnee Just came across this post and wanted to see if i could pick your brain in return of sending you deals that fit your criteria(Im a multifamily broker). I'm in contract with a house on brielle rd in Manasquan i understand it floods bad but how bad is it really? Does it happen every month? 2 family i have is lifted so not terribly worried but i heard the garages do get water in. Any intel you can give me would be greatly appreciated! 

    Thanks in advance 

  • Tyler McneePro Member
    OP
    Member since 2020 · 27 posts · 4 votes
    4y

    Hey @Jon Zamora! I'd be happy to answer any questions. I ended up not buying in NJ though because it was too pricey. I ended up buying in ohio. I have 3 duplexes and 1 SFH right now

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.