Mentor Disappears On Me?

Mentor Disappears On Me?

Specialist · Seattle, WA · Member since 2020 · 43 posts · 17 votes

Dear BiggerPockets Members,

I just want to get your thoughts and suggestions on this one! A well know Real Estate Investor who is on Podcasts for both Bigger Pockets' & ConnectedInvestors.com, winning numerous awards for "Investor Of The Year" has completely gone GHOST on me! Let me explain, I reached out to this individual 3 months ago because I am brand new to the industry and I highly respected his Podcasts and his achievements in Real Estate Investing. I wanted to ask him if he would have the time and interest in Mentoring me? After 5 emails and phone calls he contacted me about a month ago. We had a great 30 minute conversation with him happily agreeing to Mentor me, saying he is excited to get me going with his different investing programs and strategies. For close to two months I have not heard a word from him! He has completely Ghosted me! I have reached out numerous times to him. Could you share with me what you would do? This just goes along with all the horrible times I have had trying to get into Real Estate Investing and learning the business has not been fun and no traction at all!

Thank you for your time,

Rod Lambe

1Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Member since 2019 · 285 posts · 149 votes
6y

@Rod Lambe was this a paid mentorship? If not, what kind of value were you bringing this individual for their time, considering they are a high profile RE investor?

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    5y

    folks have been donating between 100 and 500.00  and not all are donating just to have some one on one time .. they donate because they believe in what we are doing.  Especially since not one dime goes to overhead.. the founding core which can all be found on BP  each put in their own donations to fund the start up get the proper structure with the IRS etc.. So thats cool. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.