Horse boarding facility and single family residence

Horse boarding facility and single family residence

Rental Property Investor · Riverside · Member since 2021 · 21 posts · 7 votes

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $990,000
Cash invested: $260,000

4 acre property horse property that will be used to board up to 4 horses along with 2 equestrian arenas.

1Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
4y
Originally posted by @Spencer Howe:

Will you have tournaments there or is it just a practice place for those who board with you (???)

Good Luck!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Spencer Howe:

    Will you have tournaments there or is it just a practice place for those who board with you (???)

    Good Luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Riverside · Member since 2021 · 21 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    Just practice but I am open to opportunities. I have a dressage court with lighting that can accommodate 2 horses in unison and a 350ft by 75ft arena. I just finished the barn that holds 2 horses, bathroom, and am working on an additional  pipe fencing coral for 2 more. Have no horse experience so any input is great!

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Spencer Howe:

    Just practice but I am open to opportunities. I have a dressage court with lighting that can accommodate 2 horses in unison and a 350ft by 75ft arena. I just finished the barn that holds 2 horses, bathroom, and am working on an additional  pipe fencing coral for 2 more. Have no horse experience so any input is great!

    Some food for thought.

    This a very nice place.

    If you've never been there--it might be worth the drive: https://www.hcpec.com/

    They board 400 horses and have regular events as well as teaching and (fun time with horses) for younger kids.

    Good Luck!

  • Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2020 · 182 posts · 90 votes
    4y

    Wow. How will you manage it? Taking care of horses is a huge time commitment and most horse want someone with equine experience taking care of their horses. I've seen places where the boarders handle stalls, feeding, turnouts, and blanketing for the horses on their own but (in this area at least) it's more common for there to be a head trainer running their business at the facility who keeps an eye on all the horses. Horses are astonishingly accident prone and their symptoms of illness may look like nothing unusual to the untrained eye. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Riverside · Member since 2021 · 21 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    We are planning to hire out the horse care or offer self board where the owners do there own feeding. I don’t plan to do a full service until I am more experienced. The tracks I can maintain and hopefully that is a big enough draw for people to do their own feeding. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.