BRRRR Cash Out Refinance Rental in Philly

BRRRR Cash Out Refinance Rental in Philly

Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 11 votes

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $105,000
Cash invested: $145,000

BRRRed! Cash out refinanced and rented! 3 bedroom 2 bathroom Philly rowhome.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

it was in an area of Philadelphia that was convenient that I liked. It didn't need a TON of work but still needed rehab.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

MLS through my realtor.

How did you finance this deal?

I paid cash.

How did you add value to the deal?

I updated kitchen and bathroom and new roof and patio in the backyard.

What was the outcome?

BRRR cash out refinance and successful rent with no vacancies ever since. It appraised well and I got most of my money out. And it has appreciated mucho ever since.

Lessons learned? Challenges?

OOF....do everything you need to in the beginning. I should have rehabbed more....there are still some maintenance issues that I wish I took care of....it didn't set out to be a BRRR I think I accidentally made that happen. But the area is a good area for Philly and I learned that I really like that location.

3Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2019 · 618 posts · 430 votes
3y

 Awesome to hear! What area of the city is this in? 

I feel the same way with a few rehabs where I wish I would have done a little bit more to dial everything in rather than pinching pennies during the rehab process. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Justin BrickmanBusiness Member
    Realtor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2021 · 502 posts · 274 votes
    3y

    Congrats Marissa! Keep at it

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2019 · 618 posts · 430 votes
    3y

     Awesome to hear! What area of the city is this in? 

    I feel the same way with a few rehabs where I wish I would have done a little bit more to dial everything in rather than pinching pennies during the rehab process. 

  • Lender · Austin, TX · Member since 2022 · 473 posts · 586 votes
    3y

    Congrats on the deal!

  • New to Real Estate · Philadelphia PA · Member since 2022 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    3y

    Congratulations Marisa! I can’t wait to get started.

  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 11 votes
    3y

    Thanks all! @Eric Greenberg Mt Airy! love it there...not so many deals like that there anymore though...always could have done better on all the rehabs oh well! Thanks @Kevin Nieves!  I saw your post in another discussion....just get started is what I always say.  If I can do it so can you ;) 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.