Investor · NW Indiana · Member since 2012 · 833 posts · 197 votes
12y
@Giovanni Isaksen. That a good share. I couldn't see the whole article from my phone, but I'll be sure to check it out later. I'm always so curious about homes that people have lived in for decades. Sometimes there are some good hidden treasures.
Investor · Bellingham, WA · Member since 2010 · 308 posts · 230 votes
12y
Hi @Carolina E., glad you enjoyed the article. The apartment is in Paris. The actress who owned it left in 1942 before the Nazis came but continued to pay the rent until she passed away some seventy years later, even though she never returned. It's really worth looking at the pictures on a large screen since it's an amazing time capsule. The painting of her by Giovanni Boldini is beautiful, and who can't resist a guy named Giovanni!