[Calc Review] Help me analyze this BRRRR deal

[Calc Review] Help me analyze this BRRRR deal

Dario FurmanPro Member
Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 42 posts · 10 votes

View report

*This link comes directly from our calculators, based on information input by the member who posted.

Thank you all in advance. I hope you guys can help me with analyzing this BRRRR deal i am looking at in Detroit. this will be my 3rd brrrr, but the interest rates on the other 2 were much lower so i want to make sure my strategy still works. i dont need the cash flow as much as i want to build generational wealth through amassing equity and properties by increasing my velocity of money through the BRRRR method. 

0Reply
13 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael SmytheBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Metro Detroit · Member since 2023 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    Is the property in Detroit city?

    If so, Vacancy/Nonperfoming tenant amount of 4% is woefully inadequate.

    How did you calculate the updated property taxes after your purchase?

    Logical Property Management4.9446 Reviews
  • Investor · Arroyo Grande, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Michael Smythe:

    Is the property in Detroit city?

    If so, Vacancy/Nonperfoming tenant amount of 4% is woefully inadequate.

    How did you calculate the updated property taxes after your purchase?


     Is it? Do you own a lot of properties in Detroit?

    Only asking because I have 12-doors there and, while I haven't calculated my exact vacancy rate, I'm quite sure it's below 4%.

  • Michael SmytheBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Metro Detroit · Member since 2023 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    @Travis Biziorek we manage over 300 doors in the City of Detroit.

    It's our experience & opinion that since statistical performance changes with the Class of property/tenant, that vacancy/non-performing factor should change to match: 

    Class C > Class B > Class A.

    Your thoughts?

    Logical Property Management4.9446 Reviews
  • Investor · Arroyo Grande, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Michael Smythe:

    @Travis Biziorek we manage over 300 doors in the City of Detroit.

    It's our experience & opinion that since statistical performance changes with the Class of property/tenant, that vacancy/non-performing factor should change to match: 

    Class C > Class B > Class A.

    Your thoughts?


     Hey Drew, seems you started an alias. 

    I think if you do a poor job managing properties and have junky houses in C Class areas you should expect higher vacancy.

    My homes are above average for their areas. I'm hands on with managing and placing tenants. I have extremely low vacancy. 

  • Michael SmytheBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Metro Detroit · Member since 2023 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    I work with Drew.

    Statistics have a way of evening out over time, but hope your results stay ahead of the curve:)

    Logical Property Management4.9446 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.