How to buy CRE with contingency on filling vacancy

How to buy CRE with contingency on filling vacancy

Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 0 votes

How does one go about making an offer on a commercial space that is becoming vacant shortly, such that if I cannot find a qualified tenant to fill the vacancy that I can walk away from the deal?  And how does one even market the space if you do not even own it yet?  Trying to avoid at all costs having a space that is empty on day one.

0Reply
19 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dustin TuckerBusiness Member
    Lender · Savoy, TX · Member since 2020 · 187 posts · 78 votes
    2y

    I don't believe that you can get a specific contingency on vacant space for CRE, but typical due diligence is 60-90 days with 1 or multiple 30 day extensions. Once you have the property under contract, go market to local businesses to find your replacement tenant. I know of investors who contracted on a 80% vacant property and leased over 50% of it during due diligence. As long as you are in your due diligence contingency you can back out with minimal expense.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.