Feedback on Crime and Safety in Montgomery, AL (Specific Areas Attached)

Feedback on Crime and Safety in Montgomery, AL (Specific Areas Attached)

Rental Property Investor · St George, UT · Member since 2018 · 77 posts · 32 votes

Hey BP community,

I’m currently researching potential investment properties in Montgomery, AL and wanted to get some firsthand feedback on crime and safety in certain areas. I’ve attached a photo/map highlighting the specific neighborhoods I’m looking at.

If you’re local to Montgomery or have invested there, I’d really appreciate any insight on:

  • How these specific areas have been trending in terms of safety
  • Any known hotspots to avoid nearby
  • Whether you’ve had success renting or flipping in this part of town
  • General feel for the neighborhood (tenant quality, turnover, etc.)

Looking to make a smart move and want to be sure I understand the risks. Any local knowledge or recent experience would be super helpful!

Thanks in advance!

1Reply
36 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    1y

    @Dominic Richardson

    i know this wasn't your question exactly, but if you're looking to invest in AL from UT, i would go there in person and answer these questions yourself.  and if you can't do that, then don't invest there.  

    there are threads on BP from OOS investors getting burned over and over from investing in a market they didn't visit and trying to do everything from Internet.  it's not working right now.

  • Investor · MD · Member since 2025 · 9 posts · 10 votes
    1y

    Dominic, Montgomery can be a tricky market, as demographics can shift significantly by crossing over just one street. I recommend visiting the target areas you are considering in person, getting a feel for the neighborhood yourseld, and starting to build relationships with local property managers—they can be invaluable in helping you vet properties and get a true sense of the area's safety and rental potential.

    After you reach out to a few top property managers, visit Montgomery and meet these managers in person or at a subject property to truly vet the area and potential manager. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.