Need Help in knowing How to Proceed with a Real Estate Deal

Need Help in knowing How to Proceed with a Real Estate Deal

Property Manager · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 195 votes

I purchased a property (6 months Ago) July 2014 on a Private financed Note of $35,000 due in full February 1st 2015.  My property is in Louisiana, and I got pre-approval for refinance of the property from a Richmond Virginia Mortgage Company.  I already had an appraisal of $70,000 done on the property 30 days prior to requesting $56,000 to pay off the property, and a $20,000 cash out.  However, the mortgage company wanted me to pay an appraiser of their choice, and pay for insurance in my name even with the property being already insured by the mortgage holder.

I explained to the mortgage company that the property was Titled in my name doing business under my company name. I explained to the mortgage company that I did not want the expense of all this without pre-approval of my loan.  The Mortgage company said I was qualified Credit and Income wise, and they had all the info to proceed with a closing.  The day before closing, the mortgage company called claiming they could not do the Loan because, the property was not in my name for 6 months, and I could not do a purchase because of my company was on the Title.  I will Lose the property February 1st due to the Note calling for balance in full February   1st.  What should I do other than putting a deal om Market Place hear with Bigger Pockets?

0Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
11y

Apparently the property is not "titled in my name", but in the LLC? Get financing for an LLC is tougher. And yes, You have to have insurance, not your lender. You'll need a local portfolio lender. Let your current lender know what's going on. It would take them some time to foreclose anyway.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    11y

    That's too bad what happened with that mortgage co.  I would seek an extension from the lender, offering additional consideration. If that doesn't work, I would be using every available credit line available to me to preserve my equity. At least it's only $35k.   In the future I would avoid  trying to get cash out to increase my chances of obtaining the financing I need.  Sometimes we have to forget the cheese and just get out of the trap!  Good luck @Account Closed .

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    11y

    Apparently the property is not "titled in my name", but in the LLC? Get financing for an LLC is tougher. And yes, You have to have insurance, not your lender. You'll need a local portfolio lender. Let your current lender know what's going on. It would take them some time to foreclose anyway.

  • Investor · Deridder, LA · Member since 2014 · 298 posts · 185 votes
    11y

    @Account Closed said about the Portfolio Lender.  Look for small local banks in the area and pay their residential lenders a visit.  Feb 1st is a bit of a time crunch so I'd talk to your current lender in the meantime for a 30 day extension while you research your options.

    Jeff

  • Property Manager · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 195 votes
    11y

    Thanks Jeff but, the time crunch is due to SunTrust Mortgage.  Yes, I gave the name of the mortgage company that gave a denial the day before a closing they arranged, claiming a "catch 22" for helping me lose my property.  They can't refinance because I'm doing business as a company, and my name and the company is on the Title.  They can't allow a purchase because I'am the company, and that would be buying the house from myself.

  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas · Member since 2012 · 107 posts · 69 votes
    11y

    This sounds like you might be able to get a peer to peer loan through lending club or another site. They usually can get you the money in less than two weeks. This would give you more time if you don't have any other options and can't get an extension.

  • Property Manager · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 195 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Matt G.:

    This sounds like you might be able to get a peer to peer loan through lending club or another site. They usually can get you the money in less than two weeks. This would give you more time if you don't have any other options and can't get an extension.

     Thanks, Matt, I may try Prosper again, the last time they said a 620 Credit Score was to Low

  • Queen Creek, AZ · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Why not just change title from your LLC to your name?

    Then reduce your request to not include the 20k cash out.

    Lastly, if you have to, find a hard money lender that will loan you the money while you work out longer term financing.

  • Property Manager · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 195 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Bob E.:

    Why not just change title from your LLC to your name?

    Then reduce your request to not include the 20k cash out.

    Lastly, if you have to, find a hard money lender that will loan you the money while you work out longer term financing.

     My Title Company suggested that since it was his advice to put the property in the company name when I purchased it, he would file a correction to my name as his error.  This still did not please SunTrust Mortgage, they now want evidence that the property would be my primary residence, which I have given, and still denied the Loan that is why I sent the company to the BBB.  Thanks Bob, I'am waiting on a hard money approval now on the pay off without the 20K cash out.

  • Queen Creek, AZ · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Account Closed  Good luck to you, banks can be very frustrating to deal with.

  • Property Manager · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 195 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Bob E.:

    @Account Closed  Good luck to you, banks can be very frustrating to deal with.

     That's the Truth.  Think, I may have let the Private Lender have this one.  At least someone will make some money

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.