$5650 Profit on Minimal Rehab and Flip

$5650 Profit on Minimal Rehab and Flip

Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 785 posts · 190 votes

I bought a 4/2 for $40,000 in 78214 in December, and resold it for $50,000 50 days later. It was a simple deal. 

(window was put in the wall, no I had nothing to do with the colors it was there before)

(we knocked a hole in that wall to open up the kitchen)

$40k purchase price (~15k cash, ~25k HML)

$2000 clean out, new door and locks and minor rehab (knocked out a couple walls, cut the grass and all the weeds in back)

$850 in holding costs

$1500 in closing costs

Sold for $50,000 cash

$5650 and I didn't have to do much. Not big bucks but I'll do these all day. 

I am going to do another one soon. Our market is appreciating and you can currently do profitable deals such as this with minimal work. 

Property was sold to a Chinese investor. 

I mostly do buy and holds, but I'm doing some flips this year given market conditions.

*This was MY personal property and is a recent transaction. 


0Reply
9 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Fullerton, CA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Great job!

  • Real Estate Broker · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 427 votes
    11y

    Good job.  

  • Real Estate Broker · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 427 votes
    11y

    Looks like:

    78214 = San Antonio, TX

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.