Can you get this to CF?

Can you get this to CF?

Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 128 posts · 23 votes

Ran across this deal on the MLS. Side by side 2bd/1ba, B location in West/Central Denver, listed at $450K. I did a quick analysis and cannot even get it to CF. I ran it as owner occupied 3.5% down financing, and assumed each side could rent for $1,200 so $2,400 total. Even assuming an aggressive 28% total expenses (no Management Fee) I can barely get it to break even after P+I, let alone return any meaningful Cash on Cash.

On top of this, while functional looking, the interior could use an update.  The exterior looks a little sadder, and the roof looks like its well into its useful life.

Does anyone care to add their $0.02? Do you have better assumptions?

1Reply
116 views

Most Popular Reply

Steven TawreseyPro Member
Flipper/Rehabber · Bainbridge Island, WA · Member since 2009 · 97 posts · 70 votes
11y

@Mitch H.

I'm finding similar sub-par deals here in Denver. At this point, I'm 98% sure I'm taking my $0.02 elsewhere. 

I'm reserving the remaining 2% just in case a 2%er falls in my lap, but I'm not going to wait for it.

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    11y

    I was in Denver when the hoards were leaving in '02.  It is a very financial and tech-driven city.  Once the Broncos went all in with Brian Griese....   No, seriously. It's nice to be optimistic that it will go on forever like @Scott Trench mentions, or realtors in general, but don't get caught in the hype. If, when pencil meets paper and there is red at the bottom - invest elsewhere.  You don't need the hassle of tenants and toilets while your losing money every month.  (Bleeding as our friend @Ben Leybovichlikes to say!)

  • Jean BolgerPro Member
    Aurora, CO · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    For what it's worth, I certainly wouldn't call this a B location. Walking distance to hipster heaven Tennyson St strip- primo rental location for young people/couples.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.