My Offer on a New Property was Accepted, No Counteroffer

My Offer on a New Property was Accepted, No Counteroffer

Investor · Albany, NY · Member since 2014 · 129 posts · 28 votes

If anyone remembers my recent posts, you might think it's funny that I am buying another property.   Months ago, I started acting on my long held desire to find a new primary residence, but felt I reached my limit with investment property.  I thought my new primary would be one unit in a multifamily in NYS.  But instead of finding my new primary residence, I found an excellent deal on a new investment property.   Yesterday I offered 20% less than the list price on a four-plex, and early this morning my offer was accepted with no counteroffer.   My cash flow with generous allowances for repairs and capital improvements and vacancies is close to 14%.   It is fully leased.   And I do not want to live there.

So much of this surprises me.  I still do not know where my new primary will be.   But I added another solid property to my investments and am getting in reach of my income goal for life.   I feel very fortunate.  Thanks to all the people who told stories here that helped me refine my objectives and act when I see a good deal.

3Reply
21 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Congratulations!  I don't know the details, but this sounds like a fantastic deal for you.

    -Randy

  • Investor · Albany, NY · Member since 2014 · 129 posts · 28 votes
    11y

    Thanks Randy!    I know this happens, and this is what the sellers' broker said:  the sellers were worn down by two prior experiences with financing falling through for potential buyers.    I came along with cash, but did not want to spend more than 81% of list price.  My cash has to go far.   I explained this to the broker -- I'm a broker too.  It surprised me there was no counter, and it surprised their broker.   Sellers said they had enough and want it to be over.  Cash mattered to them.

  • Bulawayo, Zimbabwe · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 253 votes
    11y

    Congrats for taking action! Usually Maximum Allowable Offer would be the guide,however there seems to be a legitimate reason for accepting the offer without countering.

  • Investor · Rosebud, AR · Member since 2014 · 133 posts · 49 votes
    11y

    Kate , sounds like you found a motivated seller. Congradulations!!!!

  • Real Estate Broker · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 427 votes
    11y

    Sounds like a good deal.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.