Bought 14 units in northern CA central valley for $130,000

Bought 14 units in northern CA central valley for $130,000

Petaluma, CA · Member since 2011 · 32 posts · 9 votes

I recently bought a 14 unit property in northern CA for $130,000. It was bank owned and most of the units were/are still un inhabitable. I am going through and fixing up each unit one at a time, and then renting them out. My plan is to hold the property for the long term for the cash flow, but I will be into it for $400k to $500k and fully leased at approx. a 9% cap it would be worth in the $750-$850k range. Here are some pics:

1Reply
25 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Petaluma, CA · Member since 2011 · 32 posts · 9 votes
    11y

    Here is the before and after on the first unit. I was able to rent it out and it is now occupied.


  • Visalia-Fresno, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 863 votes
    11y

    @Mark Vieira

    Sounds promising.  What is you yearly insurance expense?  Is this a flood zone property?


    Frank

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 517 posts · 106 votes
    11y

    @Mark Vieira Congrats Mark, it looks like you have your work cut out for you. But the long term returns after your renovations look great. Way-to-go!

  • Petaluma, CA · Member since 2011 · 32 posts · 9 votes
    11y

    Not sure how to hyperlink, but Frank the insurance expense is astronomical in its current state...$750 a month until I get the whole property dialed in at which time I can get it down to around $3,000 annually. Its not in a floodplain.

    Thanks Rhondalette! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    11y

    congrats 

  • Investor · Youngstown, OH · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Congrats!

    Mannu

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.