Investor · Highland, IN · Member since 2015 · 60 posts · 21 votes
We put up about 100-400 signs a month and get about 120 calls a month from Bandit Signs! Our cost per DEAL is about $150 for signs! If you want a cheaper option than postcards and want to take some massive action (or hire someone else to help you take that massive action), put up at least 25 Bandit Signs a week for a month and see how many leads you get and see what you can convert. Bandit Sign leads are some of our best leads because the people have to actively call off the sign for one reason or another! If you have any questions about Bandit Signs, message me!
Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
11y
Love 'em or hate 'em - I can tell you this: I have done every kind of marketing that you can imagine to get motivated sellers to contact us. Where you can use them, bandit signs will generate a lower cost per call than direct mail, AdWords, or door hangers.
One issue - with any outdoor signage including billboards - is you never know who's going to call - so plan on talking to people with no equity, upside down, mobile homes, whatever. But outdoor (signage) is #3 on my list of strategies that work (after AdWords and direct mail)....
Here's an example of one that has worked very well for our guys:
Flower Mound, TX · Member since 2014 · 50 posts · 36 votes
11y
Hi David,
I have a simple question about bandit signs. How legal are they? I'm guessing that if you put them on someone's private land then they will take them down. What about posting on public land?
Do you ever get a call from someone telling you that you can't put them out?
Investor · Highland, IN · Member since 2015 · 60 posts · 21 votes
11y
Most of the cities we do them in don't mind them. We never post a bandit sign on someone's property unless we have permission from them. Of course we have gotten calls before to not put them out, but the reward far outweighs the risk!
Software Engineer · North New Jersey · Member since 2015 · 56 posts · 25 votes
11y
Not a single place in New Jersey that I've found where it is legal to place them on public property (Trees, street signs, etc). There are even towns that won't let you put up a sign for a lemonade stand or garage sale at the end of the block. That being said there are some municipalities that will let you buy a permit to put up a sign, generally on a per sign basis.
Flipper/Rehabber · Atlantic County, NJ · Member since 2012 · 514 posts · 209 votes
11y
25 signs a week at least plus gas, time, energy, finding good locations, dodging traffic etc... Been there done that. Actually did my first wholesale deal that way, but it SUCKS! Imo there's better ways to spend your time and energy. Do they work? Yes of course and ya gotta do whatya gotta do but unless you have a VA sifting through the bs calls its not worth the roi.
Investor · Highland, IN · Member since 2015 · 60 posts · 21 votes
11y
Everyone is entitle to their opinion for sure :) We have people that put them out for us part time and they are happy doing it. We get our cheapest leads from that source and it has made us a lot of money. And of course we have VAs covering our calls that's what a real estate machine does. Add intense follow up and you get some pretty awesome gems.
If you said all that in the first post I wouldn't have had to give my opinion! :) I know what you meant but noobs that read this don't. Besides its a public forum full of opinions!
Flipper/Rehabber · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2014 · 461 posts · 262 votes
11y
Wow! $150 cost per deal is friggen awesome. Even if you add in your own time, gas, etc. blah blah and it came out to be $500 cost per deal it would still be awesome.
Keep up the good work and thanks for posting about your success!
Lender · Frederick/ Falls Church DC, Maryland & Virginia · Member since 2014 · 794 posts · 612 votes
11y
@David Richter Do you mind me asking from whom you order your signs? Most of the sites I have looked at/ created a design are running me about $2.00-$2.15 (order of 200) per sign before shipping. What is your approx cost per sign? How many are you ordering at a time?
Investor · Highland, IN · Member since 2015 · 60 posts · 21 votes
11y
@Andrew Michael We order from signsonthecheap.com. They are about the same price that you quoted but sometimes they have deals on free shipping and that saves a TON of money. We usually order anywhere from 200-1000 signs each time.
Lender · Frederick/ Falls Church DC, Maryland & Virginia · Member since 2014 · 794 posts · 612 votes
11y
@David Richter Thanks for the info. I know marketing takes money but I am hesitant on pulling the trigger with bandit signs since I do not have confirmation of their success rate in my area. I am doing surprisingly well with Driving for Dollars and door hangers. I suppose if those strategies work signs would reach all the more people. I will think about this. Thanks!
Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
11y
Love 'em or hate 'em - I can tell you this: I have done every kind of marketing that you can imagine to get motivated sellers to contact us. Where you can use them, bandit signs will generate a lower cost per call than direct mail, AdWords, or door hangers.
One issue - with any outdoor signage including billboards - is you never know who's going to call - so plan on talking to people with no equity, upside down, mobile homes, whatever. But outdoor (signage) is #3 on my list of strategies that work (after AdWords and direct mail)....
Here's an example of one that has worked very well for our guys:
Investor · Highland, IN · Member since 2015 · 60 posts · 21 votes
11y
@Andrew Michael It's my honor man! Anything I can do to help, just let me know! And I totally get what you're saying, @Dev Horn, about the different types of callers. We have strategies for just about any seller that calls or can refer them to someone who does. It's great to have a lot of tools in your toolbelt! Thank you for sharing the bandit sign example too!
@Luke Miller We use VAs from a service called IVAS. It pulls other VAs from other places and weeds out the superstars. We use Podio as our CRM.
Sounds like you have an awesome setup. If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost to get your CRM and IVAS setup? This is a system I would really like to use in the future.