Investor Clubs or Meetings in So Cal

12 Replies

Hi everyone

Wondering if there are any investor clubs or get together in Southern California ? Moving to Murrieta / Temecula area mid next year and want to learn more about the US market...

From Australia and have 5 properties here but the system in US is very different. I am interested in outer state investments and positive cash-flow.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone in the area.

Boyd

Boyd,  

Hi.  I am not sure about that particular area but there are several meetings in SoCal.  It will all depend on how far you are willing to drive to get to one.  :)  

My suggestion is to use meetup.com which seems to have all the FIBI (For Investors by Investors) meetings and to google REIA meetings. This page has quite a bit of info and meetings listed. Not sure if you will be closer to what is called the Inland Empire or San Diego from the area you are moving to.

http://www.thenorrisgroup.com/free_resources/calif...

Hope this gets you started.  

Michelle 

You might connect with Bruce May here on BP; he frequently invites folks on the forums to a monthly north county REI meet up.

-Vincent

@Boyd Hunter

Southern California has 20 million people so yes we have plenty of real estate investor clubs. Most will be found on meetup.com. Your biggest challenge to attending any of these clubs is that you've chosen to live in the outback. So you will have to drive 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours each way to attend a club. 

You'll be moving into an area called the Inland Empire which is comprised of the 2 monstrously huge counties of San Bernardino and Riverside (this is where Murrieta is). There is an excellent club that I attend in the city of Riverside called the Inland Empire Real Estate Investors Club. It's full of working and active investors. Here is their club on meetup.com. I might be a 45-60 minute drive from Murrieta.

You also will have access to clubs in San Diego to the south (1+ hour away) and Orange County to the west (1 to 1 1/2 hours away). I'm not as familiar with clubs in these areas.

Guy Olds

Originally posted by @Michelle Mapp :

Boyd,  

Hi.  I am not sure about that particular area but there are several meetings in SoCal.  It will all depend on how far you are willing to drive to get to one.  :)  

My suggestion is to use meetup.com which seems to have all the FIBI (For Investors by Investors) meetings and to google REIA meetings. This page has quite a bit of info and meetings listed. Not sure if you will be closer to what is called the Inland Empire or San Diego from the area you are moving to.

Michelle 

Originally posted by @Boyd Hunter:
Originally posted by @Michelle Mapp:

Boyd,  

Michelle 

Great thank you I will take a look... Don't mind travelling for this. I am moving from Australia so driving an extra hour is all good 

Originally posted by @Guy Olds :

@Boyd Hunter

Southern California has 20 million people so yes we have plenty of real estate investor clubs. Most will be found on meetup.com. Your biggest challenge to attending any of these clubs is that you've chosen to live in the outback. So you will have to drive 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours each way to attend a club. 

You'll be moving into an area called the Inland Empire which is comprised of the 2 monstrously huge counties of San Bernardino and Riverside (this is where Murrieta is). There is an excellent club that I attend in the city of Riverside called the Inland Empire Real Estate Investors Club. It's full of working and active investors. Here is their club on meetup.com. I might be a 45-60 minute drive from Murrieta.

You also will have access to clubs in San Diego to the south (1+ hour away) and Orange County to the west (1 to 1 1/2 hours away). I'm not as familiar with clubs in these areas.

Guy Olds

Hey Guy

Thank you for your reply I'll check if out. I'm used to travelling so all good. Looking forward to meeting up with some people and learning the US Market. Might see you there mate !!

Hi @Boyd Hunter , there are three wonderful clubs in San Diego, all highly recommended including SDCIA (San Diego), NSDREI (Vista area), and San Diego FIBI (Carlsbad area).  Not all clubs are built the same and liken them to churches. Attend and find ones that fit your needs and personality. I see you found our site and all the links to those clubs are there. More than happy to help if I can. California is lucky to have some great clubs.  Temecula to Orange is just not going to be a good bet with the 91 and 15 freeway construction. But "it will be sweet when it's complete" as they say.  

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

You might connect with Bruce May here on BP; he frequently invites folks on the forums to a monthly north county REI meet up.

-Vincent

Thanks mate I'll get in touch :)

Originally posted by @Aaron Norris :

Hi @Boyd Hunter, there are three wonderful clubs in San Diego, all highly recommended including SDCIA (San Diego), NSDREI (Vista area), and San Diego FIBI (Carlsbad area).  Not all clubs are built the same and liken them to churches. Attend and find ones that fit your needs and personality. I see you found our site and all the links to those clubs are there. More than happy to help if I can. California is lucky to have some great clubs.  Temecula to Orange is just not going to be a good bet with the 91 and 15 freeway construction. But "it will be sweet when it's complete" as they say.  

Awesome mate it's the first thing I'll do once I get to CA !!! Be in touch soon  

Originally posted by @Michelle Mapp :

Boyd,  

Michelle 

Hey Michelle 

Thank you for your comment, I will be sure to check this out. Also traveling is not a problem I may attend both areas at first to we what is more fitting. Can't wait :) 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.