Share Your Success! Pics, Flips, and $$$

Share Your Success! Pics, Flips, and $$$

Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 154 posts · 266 votes

Hey BP! 

So this thread is for you to share your success!

I want to show the world ALL the amazing flips/rehabs our members here on BiggerPockets are doing and have done. 

Here's what YOU'VE got to do -

Upload Before & After pictures of your projects, give a brief description of the property w/ location and (if possible) provide some basic numbers - Purchase price, Rehab, ARV, Net Profit.

These images may very possibly be shown on the BiggerPockets social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc...) So bring your BEST! 

Lastly, make sure to Like our FB page and follow our other accounts @biggerpockets !!! 

Can't wait to see all these rehabs!

35Reply
3,090 views

Most Popular Reply

Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 185 posts · 160 votes
10y

Id be happy to share my last deal. I bought a condo in a retirement community for a flip, and the purchase closing which I did with my own Real Estate license was closed on December 18th of 2016. After getting all of my plans approved through the HOA I started the demolition on the 27th of December. I used contractors through the whole process and it was the first flip I have done with out doing any of the actual physical labor myself. I did design and buy all of the finishes and delivered most of them to the job site, but for the first time it was a relatively hands off experience. There were a lot of problems, as there always are but I am really excited with the finished product. I finished the rehab on the 19th of February and I just listed the property on the MLS. This is also will be the first project that I have bought with my license, project managed, designed, funded, and sold by my myself from start to finish.

Below are some numbers on the project and photos. 

Condo 2 beds, 2 Baths, 1200sqft.

Purchase Price = $153k   $158k- $5k (waived commission)= $158k

REHAB = $28K

HOLDING COST  = $3K

LISTING PRICE  = $232,900

BUYER COMMISSION/CLOSING COST= $10K

PROJECTED PROFIT = $38,900

BEFORE PICS

AFTER PICS  CLICK THE LINK

http://tours.virtuance.com/471780

See this reply in the discussion

502 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 185 posts · 160 votes
    10y

    Id be happy to share my last deal. I bought a condo in a retirement community for a flip, and the purchase closing which I did with my own Real Estate license was closed on December 18th of 2016. After getting all of my plans approved through the HOA I started the demolition on the 27th of December. I used contractors through the whole process and it was the first flip I have done with out doing any of the actual physical labor myself. I did design and buy all of the finishes and delivered most of them to the job site, but for the first time it was a relatively hands off experience. There were a lot of problems, as there always are but I am really excited with the finished product. I finished the rehab on the 19th of February and I just listed the property on the MLS. This is also will be the first project that I have bought with my license, project managed, designed, funded, and sold by my myself from start to finish.

    Below are some numbers on the project and photos. 

    Condo 2 beds, 2 Baths, 1200sqft.

    Purchase Price = $153k   $158k- $5k (waived commission)= $158k

    REHAB = $28K

    HOLDING COST  = $3K

    LISTING PRICE  = $232,900

    BUYER COMMISSION/CLOSING COST= $10K

    PROJECTED PROFIT = $38,900

    BEFORE PICS

    AFTER PICS  CLICK THE LINK

    http://tours.virtuance.com/471780

  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 154 posts · 266 votes
    10y

    Looks great! Congrats on your first hands-off flip!

  • Banker · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2010 · 5 posts · 34 votes
    10y

    1) Bought and managed my own new construction home project

    2) Negotiated the price of the house from $257,000 to $250,000, rearranged the interior of the home and selected the color scheme for the exterior of the house

    3) Shopped around for custom-made kitchen cabinets, carpet, hardwood floors, tiles, light fixtures, and appliances

    4) Installed the hardwood floors, tiles and bathtub surroundings, and painted the whole house all within a week

    5) Finished a room in a basement from scratch – framed it, sheetrock, door installation, walk-in closet, electrical, wall texture, painted, and hired the right people to finish the carpet and window seal installation - Total cost about $2300

    6) Sold the house 22 months later for $285,000 and made a net profit of approximately $35,000.00 after escrow reimbursement, cashflow from rental income, interest on property tax return and amortization.

    Great experience and good return on my $13,000 initial investment. 

    See link below for pictures on zillow:

    http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3691-S-300-E-Salt-Lake-City-UT-84115/83816665_zpid/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=emo-postingconfirmation-fsbo&utm_content=hdp 

  • Investor/Accountant/Builder · Meno, OK · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 918 votes
    10y

    My best flip.

    Bought a move in ready 3 bedroom 1 bath older home.

    Had my handy man paint the red bricks on the front of the house stone gray. Cost $200.00

    Sold the house the next month for a profit of about $7500. 

    The moral of the story for my history doing flips is     "the less I do, the more I make"

  • Real Estate Agent · Indialantic, FL · Member since 2014 · 182 posts · 80 votes
    10y

    Great flip :)  Did your numbers turn out the way you expected when you were buying it, or were they a bit different?

  • Banker · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2010 · 5 posts · 34 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Arlan Potter:

    My best flip.

    Bought a move in ready 3 bedroom 1 bath older home.

    Had my handy man paint the red bricks on the front of the house stone gray. Cost $200.00

    Sold the house the next month for a profit of about $7500. 

    The moral of the story for my history doing flips is     "the less I do, the more I make"

     Nice flip!

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    10y

    congrats and nice work

  • Investor · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2012 · 462 posts · 200 votes
    10y
    My latest can be seen here. http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/522/topics/279042-my-first-six-figure-flip-hopefully-with-before-and-afters
  • Real Estate Agent · Tucker, GA · Member since 2016 · 90 posts · 144 votes
    10y
    I bought a home for 47k put about 60k into it. I have listed it for 180k. Got full price offer 3 days later after listing it on Zillow for sale by owner. I am going to pay 5400 in commission. If it closes I should make about 67k. It needed sooooooo much work! It really did turn out beautiful! It was basically down to the studs. Everything is new. Now I'm thinking I may have underpriced it. Not sure how to add pictures on here from my Cell.
  • Fremont, CA · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    Hoping to see flips in bay area or CA here....

  • Kelowna, British Columbia · Member since 2016 · 61 posts · 108 votes
    10y

    Happy to share on of our last deals in BC. 

    In Short:

    Purchase $425,000

    Rehab $68,400

    Sale $589,000

    After:

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 45 posts · 78 votes
    10y
    Holy cow! These are all fantastic! I want to be like all of you when I grow up! ;) My little buy and hold project pails in comparison, but I'm a rookie, so I consider it a grand success! Closed on a small 2/1 in a stable area of NE Indy on 12/30/2015. Paid 23k cash, put 10k into new kitchen and various small repairs and paint throughout. Ready to lease on 2/28/2016. I did all the painting myself and my handymen did the rest. Showed house three times to colleagues from work before handing the keys to PM . First person showed signed lease and is moving in 4/1/2016. $725.00 a month. I'm looking to cash out refi now, and start another one. Not nearly as big numbers as you all, but I'm tickled pink with it!
  • Fremont, CA · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    Hi Joel,

    Awesome Flip, Thanks for sharing . 

    @Chris Cerny Congrats on your first flip, everything starts from small to bigger

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2016 · 25 posts · 15 votes
    10y

    so when it comes to these AMAZING looking flips. Did u guys do the designing your self or hired someone? Question goes to everyone lol

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2015 · 61 posts · 39 votes
    10y

    I just closed today(3rd March) on a Triplex, asking price was 130k, I got it for 105k, high county taxes but I'll get 600+ monthly after expenses! 

    Triplex in Kenly NC....1st property down several more to go!!

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    This is 6-unit building that we bought for $1.188M, spent $42k for renovation, sold it for $1.55M and netted $230k profit. One day I drove by and saw a homeless guy slept on the mattress that one of the students threw out.  Check out the tree in front of our building.  All I can say is those girls had fun while living there.  :>)

  • Investor · Peoria, IL · Member since 2014 · 76 posts · 44 votes
    10y

    Some great stories! Keep them coming!!!

  • Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    Ha, @Account Closed! A turd in the toilet is my usual "tell" that I'm going to get a great deal, but a homeless guy sleeping on a mattress in front and lady's undergarments hanging from the tree are great "tells" that I'm going to be on the lookout for now. Makes you wonder how they were paying their rent ... at least it is steady income, even if you can't verify it :>)

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2011 · 266 posts · 158 votes
    10y

    @Kevin Fletcherwhat an incredible transformation! I'm blown away with the design and look.  I'd love to know more about about the materials you use.  

    Do you source everything at a Home Depot/Lowe's? Do you use the same look/materials/colors for each project?

    Great job!

    -Andrew

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 185 posts · 160 votes
    10y

    Thanks so much for the feedback @Andrew K.I usually do different finishes for each project that's the fun part to me. I did get some stuff from lowes and Home Depot. But I try to avoid it mostly if I can, I hate walking into any home and seeing those same vanities and accessories you see in every other flip that were bought at Home Depot. So I try to change it up a little. 

  • Lender · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2014 · 68 posts · 80 votes
    10y

    I am a Hard Money Lender by profession but I also do some of my own fix and flips.  My last completed project

    was in Lomita California.  Purchased for $505,000 and sold 3 months later for $625,000.  I put $25,000 into the project.  Attached are photos.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2011 · 266 posts · 158 votes
    10y
    Judy Rae wow! Another great example of amazing finishes and detail work. It's incredible to me that you only spent $25k on the rehab. It looks like you spent twice that! Are white appliances making a come back in higher end homes? May I ask what brand you used? I've also noticed that grey seems to be a popular color choice for a variety of exterior and interior surfaces. Not just your project, but it's also a growing trend around me. Looks great! Awesome job. Looking forward to seeing more! -Andrew
  • Nashville, TN · Member since 2016 · 99 posts · 28 votes
    10y
    Really nice job Judy Rae I agree it does look like you spent more that looks "homey" (I know that's not a word)! Was the asking price $505 or did you negotiate? Also did a wholesaler bring you that deal or was it on the MLS?
  • Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Thanks for all the pics and info postings.  It is a motivation to read all of these as a new investor.

  • Joe HomsBusiness Member
    Flipper · Mission Viejo, CA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    The property was sold last Friday. One day on the market with $740K cash offer. Here are the final numbers on this flip.

    PP: $570K

    Rehab $72K

    Sales Price $740K

    Minus Commission/Closing $30K

    Profit $68K

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/124871488@N02/sets/72157661641790511/show?rb=1

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.