$28,000 profit just by cleaning up the yard

$28,000 profit just by cleaning up the yard

Rental Property Investor · Broken Arrow, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Purchased a fixer-upper property late last month that I felt was in a great location, closed on Oct 31st and fully intended to rehab it to keep as a rental or flip it later.  I hauled off some trash and cleaned up the yard, about 3 hours of work and started getting contractor bids on it.  But decided to go ahead & take some updated photos, posted some ads & put a sign in the yard to generate some early interest.  I figured if I got a really good offer, I could always sell it and let someone else rehab it & flip it.  Starting getting a lot of interest & some offers. Sold it today, 11 days later "as is" to another investor for a $28,000 profit.  Not bad for less then 5 hours total work put into it. On to the next one!! 

10Reply
35 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Jeff Filali congratulations on the win

  • John Van UytvenPro Member
    Property Manager · Oconee, IL · Member since 2014 · 536 posts · 202 votes
    9y

    @Jeff Filali

    That's awesome, keep up the good work and get another great deal

  • Property Manager · Peoria, AZ · Member since 2016 · 117 posts · 50 votes
    9y

    Congrats! Sometimes you win, and something you WIN.

  • Broken Arrow , OK · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Congratulations, that's awesome! May I ask how you found the property?
  • Rental Property Investor · Broken Arrow, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    That particular property was a forclosure that found while looking at another property.  I do a lot of different marketing though and have a pretty good growing network of people who contact me and refer people to me and I do some joint ventures to help other newbies learn how to get started. Activity creates activity.  Network, network, network. Don't be afraid to work with others and build your network. There's plenty of business to go around.

  • Rental Property Investor · WY · Member since 2016 · 243 posts · 221 votes
    9y

    @Jeff Filali 

    That is awesome - that's an hourly rate of 5600! 

  • Investor · Carmel, IN · Member since 2014 · 332 posts · 245 votes
    9y

    Congratulations!

  • Saint Petersburg, FL · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Awesome ROI!

  • Shawn AckermanPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur · Mid West, East Coast · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Jeff Filali congrats man!  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.