Votes
Liz Cole
  • Camano Island, WA
Votes |
Trying to price rental - beginner help

Liz Cole
  • Camano Island, WA
Posted Jan 15 2017, 11:50

I have a house that I have to sell and divide the money with some heirs. I'm also hoping this will give me an into a long wanted RE investment career start. The house is a 1240sq/3+2/den/carport/lg corner lot/RV access in fair starter neighborhood. I noticed that flippers are buying at about $130,000 or less and flipping at 180,000-195000$. Those houses were in pretty rough shape btw.

I believe this house comps comfortably at about $1050 mo/ rent. I can't imagine it would need more than $10K in fixups as a rental. (more if they gut the kitchen and bathrooms) but really only needs flooring in LR, hall and BR's. The rest is tile. New countertop in kitchen and new fixtures. That would ARV it at about $165,000. Typical ranch style with desert landscape.

So as a rental is $145,000 a decent selling price point?

When I use the calculator as a buyer so much depends on how they frame the deal... so I got confused how to figure it out as a seller.

Thanks much for your insight. (And I hope I'm not breaking any rules by asking. I've been mulling around watching videos and reading post and I'm lacking the confidence on moving forward). I just want to know from an experienced perspective on both sides if I'm in the right ballpark or not. 

Loading replies...