Savannah, GA · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 2 votes
9y
Hi Rudy, I noticed you used a hard money lender. How much did you bring to the deal yourself and were you able to quickly refinance with a bank? (I know usually they want a year or so of rental history), how were you able to refi and pay off the hml so quickly? What's your net cash flow per month now?
We didn't do anything to the exterior. We left exterior paint and window as it is..Our math suggested that we will reach target ARV even without exterior work, in hindsight we were right :)
Savannah, GA · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 2 votes
9y
Hi Rudy, I noticed you used a hard money lender. How much did you bring to the deal yourself and were you able to quickly refinance with a bank? (I know usually they want a year or so of rental history), how were you able to refi and pay off the hml so quickly? What's your net cash flow per month now?
Memphis, TN · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 5 votes
9y
Seeing these numbers actually made me realize something that while I am looking for my first deal that because I am looking to implement the BRRRR strategy that I don't need to hit the Cash floor rate of over 1. Being that so much equity is built up with the ARV less Acquisition costs, that your cash flow rate can be lower.
Thanks Rudy, look forward to seeing the future deals.
Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 2 votes
9y
where did you get the $130 to purchase the property? If you financed through the hard money lender what percent did they give you? How long have you had this property?
have you refinanced this deal? I see a couple of holes or am I missing something.
Hi Rudy, I noticed you used a hard money lender. How much did you bring to the deal yourself and were you able to quickly refinance with a bank? (I know usually they want a year or so of rental history), how were you able to refi and pay off the hml so quickly? What's your net cash flow per month now?
Usually we put 10%-15% of initial purchase price, the rehab costs are wrapped into the loan as a separate renno loan. We do a rate-term refi of HML within 2-3 months, which covers both purchase and renno loan. However, the downside of not waiting for the seasoning period and doing a rate-term faster means initial money we put stays in the deal which is about ~5% of ARV.
Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 2 votes
9y
Not sure if I am adding this correctly.
10% down (minimum,not sure what you put down) = $13000 of your own money.
$8000 for the HM
$4000 closing
Total out of pocket is
$25000 correct?
Real Estate Investor · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2015 · 117 posts · 42 votes
9y
Nice job!! Also, nice job analyzing the numbers and using them to make good decisions on what to fix up and not fix up. The cool thing about BRRRR is that you don't have to fix it up as nice a flip house!