Online Crowd Funding (Realty Shares)

Online Crowd Funding (Realty Shares)

Investor · Norman, OK · Member since 2017 · 75 posts · 53 votes
Anyone have any experience investing in any of the online crowd funding deals? Any advice on how best to evaluate them? Thoughts on debt vs. pref equity deals?
1Reply
19 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    9y

    Josh, I don't have any experience with Realty Shares but there are investors on BP who do.  I suggest you do a search and you find out a lot more.  Are you an accredited investor or non-accredited?

  • Investor · Norman, OK · Member since 2017 · 75 posts · 53 votes
    9y
    Larry, I appreciate it. I will do some searching and see what I can find. I am an accredited investor - new to real estate and figuring out what our strategy should look like with all of the options that are out there.
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    9y

    good company. 

  • Attorney · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 284 posts · 314 votes
    9y

    You would evaluate any online deals the same way you do offline deals--make sure the numbers work, the sponsor is reputable, and the plan makes sense. With regard to equity v. debt, it really depends on your specific risk profile and what you know how to evaluate.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.