The bank I have found only give 10 year loans

The bank I have found only give 10 year loans

Investor · Leesburg, GA · Member since 2016 · 105 posts · 23 votes

So I have a community bank that will give me a 10 year mortgage at 5%. The only thing about that I can't find a property that fits my criteria of $100 a door or 11% COCROI. I don't plan on drawing any money out anytime soon. So I wanted to know if I'm paying off properties in 10 years or less is it ok to get low ROI(s). Hereisthe deal link.

0Reply
8 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    9y
    Paying off rental properties nothing more than hording cash. The equity will kill your cash flow and turn your investment into a liability.

    Go to a mortgage broker and find a 30 year mortgage to maximise your returns.

  • Real Estate Investor · Ogden, UT · Member since 2014 · 160 posts · 81 votes
    9y

    We have learned to keep asking banks until you find one that works the way you need it to, and also to go back ans ask again after a few months as banks are always changing their "rules" and requirements.   We have had to call lots of banks to find the right fit many times for our deals !  They ARE out there ! Keep calling. We prefer smaller community banks and credit unions.  

  • Investor · Leesburg, GA · Member since 2016 · 105 posts · 23 votes
    9y

    I have been to several banks and the credit unions around me advised they don't lend on rental properties.  That's not to say that I have given up.  I just found this one and settled.  The niche I'm in is $30K houses.  The area I'm in has some great deals at this price level.  I know the whole argument against it, but if you look at the link the house looks great and its in a work class neighborhood.  All the banks I talk to don't want to lend on nothing under $50K unless its an in-house loan and with them, no one wants to over 10 years.  I thought about Visio, but they only do like 7 years.  I will figure something out, but my main question.  If it is cashflowing at a 30 year mortgage if I do a 10 year mortgage is it necessarily a bad investment.  I know the millionaire investor talked about shorter terms in his book.  So you can have 100% of the profits quicker. My small town in Georgia has pockets in it.  Plus I like the Clay Morris of Morrisinvest.com model.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.