Worcester, MA · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 3 votes
Hello,
I'm a newbie from the Worcester Massachusetts area. I've been reading the forums, listening to the podcast, and reading books as much as possible. I have established a relationship with a local real estate agent and have been out looking for deals. Unfortunately I haven't been able to close on any of the houses I've offered on but I won't give up hope.
I'm looking for a two family to house hack currently and would like to know if anyone in my area knows of any local real estate meet-ups in Massachusetts, preferably the Worcester area, so that I can start to network with and learn from other investors along with offer any knowledge I have that could be of use to others.
Thank you
Lender · Tyngsboro, MA · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
9y
Thank you, @Paul Timmins. @Ryan Christie, Black Diamond meetings alternate between Worcester and Waltham. The August meeting is in Waltham, and is about wholesaling, you can see it here on BP. Our September meeting will be about Eviction rates, breaking it down by town and zip code, including Worcester, Fitchburg and Lowell, among others, so you probably want to plan for that one. There is a link to Black Diamond on my profile page.
There are also the NWCLA in the Fitchburg area (google it) and Masslandlords.net. Both of those focus on landlording, Black Diamond has a larger scope about many different kinds of real estate investing.
While you are on the Networking events page on BP, you can notice that there are other groups posting in MA around you, and you can probably find others on Meetup.com
Worcester, MA · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 3 votes
9y
@steve bracero I'm looking in the zip codes 01602,01606,01604,01609. I'm not limited to just Worcester however, I'm also looking in surrounding areas such as Grafton, Millbury, Sutton, Uxbridge, Douglas, and Milford
Lender · Tyngsboro, MA · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
9y
Thank you, @Paul Timmins. @Ryan Christie, Black Diamond meetings alternate between Worcester and Waltham. The August meeting is in Waltham, and is about wholesaling, you can see it here on BP. Our September meeting will be about Eviction rates, breaking it down by town and zip code, including Worcester, Fitchburg and Lowell, among others, so you probably want to plan for that one. There is a link to Black Diamond on my profile page.
There are also the NWCLA in the Fitchburg area (google it) and Masslandlords.net. Both of those focus on landlording, Black Diamond has a larger scope about many different kinds of real estate investing.
While you are on the Networking events page on BP, you can notice that there are other groups posting in MA around you, and you can probably find others on Meetup.com