Roused from Paralysis Now Hopeful Wholesaling -Join Me Now!

Roused from Paralysis Now Hopeful Wholesaling -Join Me Now!

Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 11 votes

I’m dealless in Detroit, a real caution in Auston, a sad santa in atlanta, a harlot in Charlotte, a used kleenex in phoenix, etc… I’m without a deal so far. But that’s totally OK. 

Great! I have a path and a goal and a reason to stretch my norm (now because of real estate). Ahead are some pictures with some captions that should arouse your excitement so Click the Follow Button at the top right!

I originally stumbled upon Biggerpockets almost a decade ago. However, I fell into the bogglehead mindset and followed out the Dave Ramsey styled finances. It actually took me seeing a highschool friend absolutely crush the local real estate game before I realized that this might be for me.

I fell into believing house hacking/finding a special starter multi-family to live in is the path for me. I figured I should simply show a local homeowner/landlord who I was and they would throw their keys at me, of course. So, I found some listings on the major sites that would rent for more than the 1% rule (at least). I then weeded through them picking out those that had been listed for ~3 weeks to ~3 months. I had a list of listings that had either just been put up or listings that had been sitting on the market for some time. Then I made good friends with the county tax parcel search website and began my mailing. I sent out twelve and was frightened when I got one reply. I thought I wasn’t supposed to get a reply until the fifth mailer. I didn’t have financing prepared and I didn’t really know what I had done. I was having so much fun with finally doing something that could lead to something in real estate that I didn’t prepare for it, if it had actually worked. 


Looking back, I still like the letter but I think a 3 sentence hand written letter would have sufficed. 


There was my first humble little stack of bubble mailers.



I tried to get personal and make contact which was different than all of the other contact they had been getting. 

This was about four months ago and I have luckily come a long way from this beginning. I feel like this was important for me to just get out there and do something. Tucson Arizona is where I'll live for many years so I believe if I can continue trying then eventually I'll get it right.

Follow this post to see where my journey has gone next! Ask some questions or give me your thoughts! I am making this post because I love reading all of your diaries and I believe it's one of the best ways to share knowledge.

Thanks again!
Brian Kimminau

1Reply
19 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 16 votes
    8y

    Awesome Brian, I believe that type of spirit and enthusiasm will get you beyond your goals

    Brian Mitchell ( fellow Tucsonan and new investor)

  • Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    Thank you @Brian Mitchell! 

  • Wholesaler · Fairfield, CA · Member since 2017 · 472 posts · 145 votes
    8y

    Hi Brian,

    I am going through the same struggle. I have been hearing that a big part of it is that we are in a sellers market and there arent enough deals to go around at the moment so everything is highly competitive. I am still chugging along as well.

     Best of luck

  • Tucson, AZ · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    @Cody Evans, that is exactly why I believe I should spend effort to find the deal myself. Everyone I talk to says the MLS deals do not exist for non-cash-buyers. It's funny that we have the same issue!

    In subsequent posts I'll talk about how I am marketing to find a worthwhile deal. 

    (includes: simply calling every property management company, every owner manager, every local multi-family with out of state owners).

    Brian Kimminau

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.