Completed my first Flip in Canton ga.

Completed my first Flip in Canton ga.

Investor · Marietta, GA · Member since 2014 · 96 posts · 81 votes

I just finished my first flip. The house was purchased off the MLS as a banked owned. Asking price was 119k and I offered 125k cash two weeks closing. They accepted the offer.

Repairs. I am purchased a house flipping spreadsheet to estimate my repair cost, holding expenses and selling fees.  I also used this spreadsheet to track my expenses. www.houseflippingspreadsheet.com

I estimated around 24k in repairs plus 20k in real estate selling cost. I replaced all the floors, new kitchen, baths, paint interior and exterior, new doors and trim.  I had a contractor paint the exterior. 125k + 24k + 20K = 169k invested. 

I am finished with the house and spent 26k in repair cost so I went 2k over budget.  The house is listed at 225k with multiply showing every day. 

I would like to here your feedback and let me know if you have any questions.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/115-Brookwood-D...

31Reply
334 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Palm Beach County, FL · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
8y

Congrats the numbers are solid get that thing sold and repeat the process!

See this reply in the discussion

160 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Holiday, FL · Member since 2018 · 30 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Did you use all your own money? Hard money loan?  

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 715 posts · 138 votes
    8y

    Nice job!!

  • Holiday, FL · Member since 2018 · 30 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    nevermind i read u paid yourself...

  • Oak Park, IL · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    8y
    Nice! It looks really good. How did you know how much to sell it for?
  • Investor · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2015 · 20 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Looks great and fantastic profit projection. Hope it sells soon. How did you finance the deal?

  • Investor · Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico · Member since 2015 · 95 posts · 53 votes
    8y

    It is beautiful!

  • Powder Springs, GA · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Great flip. Terrific design on the kitchen and bathrooms! I  work with a cabinet company out in Marietta. Let me know if you ever need assistance with anything. 

  • John S LewisPro Member
    Jackson, NJ · Member since 2017 · 167 posts · 48 votes
    8y

    Thanks. @Daniel Andrews Market is stupid crazy like that up here in NJ. Did you count on any appreciation when you first calculated your ARV to occur during your rehab period to be able to put a higher sale price on the finished product?

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Amazing turn around!  Mind if I ask your day job?  I know you said you spend several hours on it every day to make it happen, sounding like a full time job.  

  • Property Manager · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Very well done! Looks amazing and really like the style

  • Glendale, AZ · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 14 votes
    8y
    Congrats on completing the renovations on your flip! That is definitely a great profit margin at that price point. What will you change on your next flip to decrease the renovation timeframe?
  • Property Manager · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2018 · 163 posts · 117 votes
    8y

    Hey bud, looks great. IT says you're in Marietta, I'm in Kennesaw/Dallas...wouldn't mind making your acquaintance...My wife and I will be making our first purchase before the year is out.

  • Investor · Marietta, GA · Member since 2014 · 96 posts · 81 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed I spent about 20-25 hours a week to start.  Towards the end I spent 7 days a week about 4-5 hours a day. I am a full time dad of two kids so its a juggling act. 

  • Investor · Marietta, GA · Member since 2014 · 96 posts · 81 votes
    8y

    @Dave Birck Five months to rehab

    @Alvaro Leis 

    https://www.houseflippingspreadsheet.com

  • Investor · Yorktown Heights, NY · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    Looks great You’re off to a great start
  • Real Estate Agent · Ontario, CA · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    wow! Nice job! Good luck!

  • Wholesaler · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 124 posts · 81 votes
    8y

    Very well done!  Colors and fixtures are wonderful. My wife is a high-end residential interior designer (Projects  $1million and up) and the esthetic you have in this house is comparable to her style of design.  Good luck @Daniel Andrews!

  • Birmingham, AL · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    I like the 'open floor-plan'... The color palette and how you didn't cheap out on the countertops and looks like way you used way better than builder grade finishes. The bathroom vanity is lovely and buyers need the storage. Wish you could have posted 'before' pictures. I love the porch. Keep us updated on what happens, when you WILL sell soon!

  • Woodstock, GA · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Hey @Daniel Andrews Did you negotiate your offer to a sale?

  • Woodstock, GA · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Vicki Violet:

    I like the 'open floor-plan'... The color palette and how you didn't cheap out on the countertops and looks like way you used way better than builder grade finishes. The bathroom vanity is lovely and buyers need the storage. Wish you could have posted 'before' pictures. I love the porch. Keep us updated on what happens, when you WILL sell soon!

     He did post before pics a few pages back

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Great job

  • Investor · Marietta, GA · Member since 2014 · 96 posts · 81 votes
    8y

    @Christina Parodi Still negotiating offer. 

    @Egemen Toprak Thanks

  • Inspector · Bethesda, MD · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Hi, 

    Why did you offer 125 when the asking price was 119? Was there a bidding war with other buyers? Is it really competitive where the house is?

    Thanks,

  • Realtor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Well done, beautiful property!

  • Investor · Marietta, GA · Member since 2014 · 96 posts · 81 votes
    8y

    @Ali N. Yes it was a bidding war. 15 buyers. The selling agent changed listing to best and final offer by x date. (cant remember date). 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.