On to the next step on our first apartment deal

On to the next step on our first apartment deal

Rental Property Investor · Park City, UT · Member since 2016 · 678 posts · 531 votes
Huge win today!! Seller agreed to a significant price reduction as part of the repair negotiations on our apartment deal. We are moving forward to the next stage and super excited! I attribute our success in negotiating this to the time I spent building a one-on-one relationship with the seller. Being honest, genuine, fair, and simply looking someone in the eye goes a long way. We still have a lot of work to get this across the finish line, but really proud to have gotten to this point.
5Reply
16 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 18 votes
    8y

    great work! good luck for next phase. keep posting updates

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 204 posts · 68 votes
    8y

    @Tony Castronovo Congratulations on effective negotiating! I look forward to your updates on this acquisition.

  • Rental Property Investor · Park City, UT · Member since 2016 · 678 posts · 531 votes
    8y

    Thanks @PJ Singh and @Amber Koontz!  I should also give credit to some of my BP colleagues who have helped us thus far. 

    @Chris Quinn helped me find a great local lender and inspector.  The inspector really helped me create the initial call to action for some of the big ticket repairs we had to negotiate.  And my lender has been very collaborative and truly a partner throughout the deal.

    @Dave Chapa helped me find an awesome HVAC contractor whose responsive quote and guidance made a big difference.

    And numerous BP folks have educated me on their infinite wisdom of the flat roof. I actually climbed the roof with the seller and inspector and sounded like I knew what I was talking about.

    It's a team sport!

  • Realtor · College Station, TX · Member since 2016 · 128 posts · 68 votes
    8y

    Congrats @Tony Castronovo!!! I am happy for ya bud! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Park City, UT · Member since 2016 · 678 posts · 531 votes
    8y

    Thanks Chris! Might need to add some maroon to my wardrobe.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 204 posts · 68 votes
    8y

    @Tony Castronovo That is awesome, being a memeber of Bigger Pockets is life changing! I look forward to moving into small multis soon an working my way up to bigger complexes. Keep up the great work and contribution!

  • Rental Property Investor · Park City, UT · Member since 2016 · 678 posts · 531 votes
    8y

    @Amber Koontz completely agree.  I have met countless BP'ers in person and have made some great relationships.  I've found some very genuine people through BP, truly interested in helping others and having that abundance mentality.  Good luck on your journey!

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 204 posts · 68 votes
    8y

    @Tony Castronovo Thank you and same to you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.