Yayyy!! First Flip closed in Feb and 2nd Flip Started

Yayyy!! First Flip closed in Feb and 2nd Flip Started

Flipper/Rehabber · Jacksonville, AL · Member since 2016 · 68 posts · 26 votes

I am so excited about Real Estate. This post is a little late but me and my husband closed on our first live-in flip in Feb. I was inspired last year when I went to a REIA in Bham and heard this man named Matthew Gregory tell his story. I was so fired up that I called my husband on my drive home (1 hour) and explained Matthew's success verbatim (atleast it felt like it) and then I explained that we have to sell our house because as I exclaimed, "do you realize what type of money we are sitting on?" After a couple months of trying to convince my husband for us to get a HELOC, he finally conceded. We got the HELOC did the last of the repairs (roof, new carpet, new appliances and touched up paint.) The property hit the market and we had TWO full price offers in 5 days. I know my market very well but I never imagined 5 days to be under contract. We walked away with over $40,000 dollars. We were so excited. We have already found our next property and have began work. It is a HUD foreclosure. Its also a live-in flip but it will be sold much sooner than the first flip. Below are some pictures of the property we sold.

4Reply
18 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Ogden, UT · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    8y
    @Pamela Satcher that's amazing Pamela! I'm looking looking to purchase at foreclosed HUD properties via a HELOC in my area. The kitchen looks amazing, how long did it take you to do the flip overall?1
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Jacksonville, AL · Member since 2016 · 68 posts · 26 votes
    8y
    @Carlisle Michael Baptiste This was our first home as a married couple. It was a slow flIp. We bought the house in 2010 because it was the ugliest house in a great neighborhood. We slowly fixed things over those years. When we bought the house, I knew we could make some money but our intent was just to live and sell it one day for a profit. However, I got serious when I heard Mr Gregory speak last yr. Thanks. I loved the kitchen too.
  • Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2013 · 152 posts · 126 votes
    8y

    Awesome story with some awesome gains! Congratulations Pamela

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Jacksonville, AL · Member since 2016 · 68 posts · 26 votes
    8y
    @Peter Fennig Thank you!
  • Investor · Roseville, CA · Member since 2016 · 893 posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    Great job @Pamela Brady!  I love the energy and passion you had to drive you to your first success!  I'm sure it will lead to many more! Can't wait to hear about the next one! 

    Cheers!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Jacksonville, AL · Member since 2016 · 68 posts · 26 votes
    8y
    @Jon Crosby Thanks Jon. You will hear about it in the near future. Only major surprise so far has been a leaking chimney and old termite damage. I’m learning so much and loving it.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.