Staten Island: just a NYC dump or diamond in the rough?

Staten Island: just a NYC dump or diamond in the rough?

Rental Property Investor · Queens, NY · Member since 2018 · 32 posts · 14 votes
Has anyone had any experience investing in Staten Island? I know the overflow from Manhattan has hit up the other 4 boroughs but what about Staten? I know they’re rebuilding that huge park over there...
1Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2017 · 75 posts · 13 votes
8y

I've lived in Staten Island for 18 years. Definitely not a dump and not a diamond in the rough either. Property prices have gone up a lot in the past few years. I, personally, started to invest out of state because the numbers simply don't work here. Everything is way too expensive.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2017 · 75 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    I've lived in Staten Island for 18 years. Definitely not a dump and not a diamond in the rough either. Property prices have gone up a lot in the past few years. I, personally, started to invest out of state because the numbers simply don't work here. Everything is way too expensive.

  • Rental Property Investor · Queens, NY · Member since 2018 · 32 posts · 14 votes
    8y
    @Andres M. I know they’re building a lot by the ferry. You don’t think it would be worth investing around there? I saw a house for 200K a few blocks from there
  • Rental Property Investor · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2017 · 75 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    @Melissa Mendoza, it depends on the level of risk you want to take as an investor.  As of right now, the area by the ferry is not one of the bests in the island but it is possible that it improves with what they're building.  Kind of hard to say what will happen.

  • Rental Property Investor · Queens, NY · Member since 2018 · 32 posts · 14 votes
    8y
    @Andres M. Do you know any real estate agents or investors on the island?
  • Rental Property Investor · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2017 · 75 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    @Melissa Mendoza, I don't, sorry.  I invest out of state.

  • Contractor · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2016 · 147 posts · 38 votes
    8y

    I’m a GC on the island interested I’m looking for my first flip. Any suggestions 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.