Lessons learned from multiple SFR purchase

Lessons learned from multiple SFR purchase

Ann Arbor, MI · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 997 votes

About a month ago I finally closed on the purchase of 4 single-family properties.  It took over 3 months thanks in large part to lender incompetence.  Here's my take-away from the wretched experience:

Use a lender you have already worked with.  If not, give the new lender only a single property/deal in order to determine their viability, process and hidden fees.  Giving an unproven lender the entire portfolio is a significant risk.  

that's all for now!

1Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Birmingham, AL · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    Congratulations on the close. It's unfortunate that you had to go through those issues with the lender. This is some good information I will make sure to remember as I start to scale up.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.