New to this as well as investing. Long story short a good friend of mine from the Military and I are about to close on our first investment property in Nashville for the use as an AirBNb. I feel like we have done all the research needed but would like feedback from the group. The propert is a 1 bed 1 bath new construction in what seems to be an up and coming neighborhood about 2 miles from downtown.
Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 14 votes
6y
If you ever have questions about the regulations for short term rentals in Nashville, I'm happy to help.
@Brandon Moore-I hope you're STR is up and running and making you some money! I know October is a big month for STRs in Nashville.
@Rachel Chavez-I'm sorry it didn't work out when you were checking out the market. Quite a bit has changed over the past few months and I'm happy to talk further if you're still searching for the right investment in the Nashville area.
Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
7y
@Brandon Moore your agent should be able to answer all of your questions if they can not you picked the wrong agent. How many short terms does your agent have?
Thank you. Our agent is very well versed in AirBNb in Nashville just doesn’t own any herself. It’s just nice to hear from other people doing the same thing in the area.
Larkspur, CA · Member since 2015 · 46 posts · 43 votes
7y
Please do your research about the regulations in Nashville. They have just implemented some strict regulations. Recently there was some confusion about permits and the City was found in contempt of court. Nasty battle brewing there. Check out NASTRA (https://nastra.org) for further information. Megan McCrea runs NASTRA and would be a good person to speak with at NASTRA.
Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 3 votes
7y
@Alanna Schroeder is right, I spoke with a realtor out there and they said the climate has changed for new Airbnb investors and it’s pretty hard to start one legally unless your property is owner occupied. There were a few apartment complexes that were basically built to be Airbnb’s but when those come up they are gone in a flash. I was super excited about buying an Airbnb property out there as well but I did further research and didn’t feel it was the right move to make after all :-(
Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 14 votes
6y
If you ever have questions about the regulations for short term rentals in Nashville, I'm happy to help.
@Brandon Moore-I hope you're STR is up and running and making you some money! I know October is a big month for STRs in Nashville.
@Rachel Chavez-I'm sorry it didn't work out when you were checking out the market. Quite a bit has changed over the past few months and I'm happy to talk further if you're still searching for the right investment in the Nashville area.
Real Estate Agent · Member since 2019 · 167 posts · 72 votes
6y
@Brandon Moore congrats on your first investment property. I am former military myself and always eager to help others out coming from that background. What neighborhood is the air bnb located in?
Just reviving this thread as I am interested in connecting with others who have had a personal experience in STRs in Nashville. I will be in town on Sunday/Monday most likely (short notice) and hope to get some understanding of where to invest and possibilities of partnering for arbitrage opportunities for those already involved in the space. Many thanks!