First Oxford House/Seller Financing Deal!

First Oxford House/Seller Financing Deal!

Rental Property Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 36 votes

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment in Knoxville.

Purchase price: $135,000
Cash invested: $27,000

First Oxford House rental, previous landlord wanted to liquidate and move on to greener pastures.

Cash flows 500$ a month.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Oxford House and their amazing systems/business. Also presented the opportunity to do my first seller financing deal.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

Networked with folks from the Oxford network and when a landlord wanted to sell I was contacted to take over.

How did you finance this deal?

HELOC from primary residence.

How did you add value to the deal?

No value add. Seller was willing to sell at slight discount and

What was the outcome?

Just closed the other day.

Lessons learned? Challenges?

Originally wanted to finance traditionally, and when it fell through I asked if we could seller finance and he was willing to! All I had to do was ask...

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

Steven Sivers of Jackson Square Title Company - in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

2Reply
21 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    I am very interested in doing this model as well. Additionally I am apart of the Oxford House community. So I feel that this allows me to be of service to my community and build my real estate career. My question is how do I build this system/niche? do I bring investors to the table and place them with Oxford House and charge a fee? Where is the win-win-win?

  • New to Real Estate · Gloucester, MA · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Vic Liang, are you the owner of this Oxford House? If so how are things going for you? Have you bough anymore single family homes for them?

  • Real Estate Broker · Broker in FL, GA & NC · Member since 2021 · 54 posts · 34 votes
    5y

    Congrats Vic! Keep doing what you're doing. Sounds like a great property. I hope it makes you a lot of money. Best of luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.