Second Flip - DONE! With Before & After Pics!

Second Flip - DONE! With Before & After Pics!

Stoneham, MA · Member since 2017 · 56 posts · 186 votes

Hi Everyone!

So my partner and I just completed our second flip! (I posted about the first here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/223/topics/617056-very-first-flip-complete )

Another single family house in the suburbs outside of Boston. 3 beds 1.5 baths 1,900 sqft. I have to say - the second one (for a few different reasons) was much much easier. Mostly due to this one being a little less scope, hiring better contractors, and of course the experience of having one under the belt.

Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you guys think!

And if you're reading this and have ever felt discouraged - DON'T GIVE UP! Your deal will come! It took my partner and I months & months of searching & getting rejected before we finally found this deal. If you're looking for a sign to keep going - this is your sign!!!

And of course - Thank You to everyone who participates in this awesome community! I can't tell you all how helpful these forums have been to me as a resource, so thank you all for contributing!

Purchase Price: $177,000 (was listed on MLS)

Rehab: $95,000

Sale Price: $344,500

Commission (4.5%): $15,500

Profit: $57,500

ROI: 21%

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

And if there are any wholesalers reading this in the MA/NH area - send me a message! Let's connect!

20Reply
73 views

Most Popular Reply

Auburn, MA · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 8 votes
7y

@Steven Rubino This looks incredible, Great Job!  My Partner and I are searching (and searching and searching) for our first.  Your post has inspired me once again and reminded me not to give up!  I checked out the link to your first flip, that too looks great!  Congrats and Keep up the Great Work!

See this reply in the discussion

52 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Stoneham, MA · Member since 2017 · 56 posts · 186 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Benjamin Ervin:
    Originally posted by @Steven Rubino:

    @Benjamin Ervin we actually did not replace any of the windows... we were lucky. Just painted them (jambs & rails)

     How did you feel that turned out quality wise?  Are they chipping?  We painted windows in our first flip and it was okay.  Not great, but better than the original.  The cost of windows in a hurricane zone is just so expensive.  Wondering if your contractor had any tricks of the trade or specific paint that worked well.  

     I would agree they are good, not great. No chipping yet... But compared to the cost of all new windows it was a no brainer. I believe our painter primed them all before doing two more coats on them

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Athens · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    What a beautiful rehab ! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.