Advise:
Knowledge is your best defence. There are plenty of resources online including anderson youtube channel, few other sources are :
https://wcginc.com/kb/ and https://wcginc.com/fee-structu... -- They have fixed fee structure to compare with anderson advisors without any blatant selling tactics
https://www.kbkg.com/" class="redactor-autoparser-object">https://www.kbkg.com/
https://go.empiretaxusa.com/61...
If you attend any tax-wise or other 3 day events with anderson which costs $197 + travel expenses you will get enough knowledge on how they operate and you should be able to understand what LLC structure is beneficial, also they have a large collection of online videos with plentiful of information on youtube and tax tuesday webinars.
With enough knowledge you can make a educated decision on which approach you take.
My experience:
I personally don't sign up for any program who take you aside during events and try to sell packages that is just blatant sales strategy.
Once you sign up there is every attempt to make you sign for their programs for bookkeeping, registered agent, LLC or corp setup fee which have ridiculous even with platinum membership.
Basic standard structure they suggest to take advantage of multiple deductions can be easily achieved by proper education or work with a good firm like https://wcginc.com who is local to you.
A umbrella C-crop to manage all other LLC properties and take advantage of many tax deductions that are not available with a llc, its also used to take losses up to 100K as startup expenses and dissolve the entity after few years.
Few LLC entities for investing in Real Estate, etc preferably in Wyoming or Nevada ( you can find many companies online who can do this for $150 compared to anderson $1500-$3000) , they will claim they have a secret Operating agreement which is bogus.
They certainly try to take advantage of tax loopholes and claim to be smart people, my view they are just taking advantage of numbers as per their own statements. They claim only 2-3 percent of the companies are audited so the more clientele they have the percentage of audits will be less even if they make some calculated risks.
Few Deductions they highlight which you can get with proper planning and right CPA.
1) 119A - Revenue stream bifurcation
2) Augusta Loophole 280A - use primary residence for 14 days of business and pay you back without tax implications.
3) Paying your medical and children education fee using c-corp
4) offcourse the famous charitable llc - another program and package.
Advise:
Knowledge is your best defence. There are plenty of resources online including anderson youtube channel, few other sources are :
https://wcginc.com/kb/ and https://wcginc.com/fee-structu... -- They have fixed fee structure to compare with anderson advisors without any blatant selling tactics
https://www.kbkg.com/" class="redactor-autoparser-object">https://www.kbkg.com/
https://go.empiretaxusa.com/61...
If you attend any tax-wise or other 3 day events with anderson which costs $197 + travel expenses you will get enough knowledge on how they operate and you should be able to understand what LLC structure is beneficial, also they have a large collection of online videos with plentiful of information on youtube and tax tuesday webinars.
With enough knowledge you can make a educated decision on which approach you take.
My experience:
I personally don't sign up for any program who take you aside during events and try to sell packages that is just blatant sales strategy.
Once you sign up there is every attempt to make you sign for their programs for bookkeeping, registered agent, LLC or corp setup fee which have ridiculous even with platinum membership.
Basic standard structure they suggest to take advantage of multiple deductions can be easily achieved by proper education or work with a good firm like https://wcginc.com who is local to you.
A umbrella C-crop to manage all other LLC properties and take advantage of many tax deductions that are not available with a llc, its also used to take losses up to 100K as startup expenses and dissolve the entity after few years.
Few LLC entities for investing in Real Estate, etc preferably in Wyoming or Nevada ( you can find many companies online who can do this for $150 compared to anderson $1500-$3000) , they will claim they have a secret Operating agreement which is bogus.
They certainly try to take advantage of tax loopholes and claim to be smart people, my view they are just taking advantage of numbers as per their own statements. They claim only 2-3 percent of the companies are audited so the more clientele they have the percentage of audits will be less even if they make some calculated risks.
Few Deductions they highlight which you can get with proper planning and right CPA.
1) 119A - Revenue stream bifurcation
2) Augusta Loophole 280A - use primary residence for 14 days of business and pay you back without tax implications.
3) Paying your medical and children education fee using c-corp
4) offcourse the famous charitable llc - another program and package.
@Sam P.
Thank you very much for your input!
Advise:
Knowledge is your best defence. There are plenty of resources online including anderson youtube channel, few other sources are :
https://wcginc.com/kb/ and https://wcginc.com/fee-structu... -- They have fixed fee structure to compare with anderson advisors without any blatant selling tactics
https://www.kbkg.com/" class="redactor-autoparser-object">https://www.kbkg.com/
https://go.empiretaxusa.com/61...
If you attend any tax-wise or other 3 day events with anderson which costs $197 + travel expenses you will get enough knowledge on how they operate and you should be able to understand what LLC structure is beneficial, also they have a large collection of online videos with plentiful of information on youtube and tax tuesday webinars.
With enough knowledge you can make a educated decision on which approach you take.
My experience:
I personally don't sign up for any program who take you aside during events and try to sell packages that is just blatant sales strategy.
Once you sign up there is every attempt to make you sign for their programs for bookkeeping, registered agent, LLC or corp setup fee which have ridiculous even with platinum membership.
Basic standard structure they suggest to take advantage of multiple deductions can be easily achieved by proper education or work with a good firm like https://wcginc.com who is local to you.
A umbrella C-crop to manage all other LLC properties and take advantage of many tax deductions that are not available with a llc, its also used to take losses up to 100K as startup expenses and dissolve the entity after few years.
Few LLC entities for investing in Real Estate, etc preferably in Wyoming or Nevada ( you can find many companies online who can do this for $150 compared to anderson $1500-$3000) , they will claim they have a secret Operating agreement which is bogus.
They certainly try to take advantage of tax loopholes and claim to be smart people, my view they are just taking advantage of numbers as per their own statements. They claim only 2-3 percent of the companies are audited so the more clientele they have the percentage of audits will be less even if they make some calculated risks.
Few Deductions they highlight which you can get with proper planning and right CPA.
1) 119A - Revenue stream bifurcation
2) Augusta Loophole 280A - use primary residence for 14 days of business and pay you back without tax implications.
3) Paying your medical and children education fee using c-corp
4) offcourse the famous charitable llc - another program and package.
Thanks for the insight. Question - what is #1 and #2?
1) https://www.youtube.com/result...
2) https://www.youtube.com/result...
a simple google will find details on tax strategies for RE investors, just find a good local CPA who can work with you and is knowledgeable.
https://www.therealestatecpa.c...
sorry for links :-)
Appreciate the response and links.
Just curious - were you a former client of Anderson? I am searching through all the BP threads trying to find the best fit for me in terms of asset protection/law/CPA firm that specialize in real estate investment and have narrowed it down to Anderson or KKOS/Mark Kohler. I operate out of Nevada so have known of Anderson for many years. I had been a tax client of Anderson in prior years, but never signed up for any of their client programs. I was always hesitant about the upselling into various structures and services that are available for far less expense (e.g. I would never form an entity with them when I can do it online with a firm that charges a fraction of what they charge). But I like the idea that everything's under one roof with their Platinum package and get unlimited consultations, emails from their legal team as opposed to billable hours. I just don't know how well it would work since I already have all the entities and would just need advice, consulting, cleanup, and filing returns, that's pretty much it!
Would appreciate any updated information if you would be willing to add to your above post.
Thanks again.
Just curious - were you a former client of Anderson? I am searching through all the BP threads trying to find the best fit for me in terms of asset protection/law/CPA firm that specialize in real estate investment and have narrowed it down to Anderson or KKOS/Mark Kohler. I operate out of Nevada so have known of Anderson for many years. I had been a tax client of Anderson in prior years, but never signed up for any of their client programs. I was always hesitant about the upselling into various structures and services that are available for far less expense (e.g. I would never form an entity with them when I can do it online with a firm that charges a fraction of what they charge). But I like the idea that everything's under one roof with their Platinum package and get unlimited consultations, emails from their legal team as opposed to billable hours. I just don't know how well it would work since I already have all the entities and would just need advice, consulting, cleanup, and filing returns, that's pretty much it!
Would appreciate any updated information if you would be willing to add to your above post.
Thanks again.
1) https://www.youtube.com/result...
2) https://www.youtube.com/result...
a simple google will find details on tax strategies for RE investors, just find a good local CPA who can work with you and is knowledgeable.
https://www.therealestatecpa.c...
sorry for links :-)
Appreciate the response and links.
Just curious - were you a former client of Anderson? I am searching through all the BP threads trying to find the best fit for me in terms of asset protection/law/CPA firm that specialize in real estate investment and have narrowed it down to Anderson or KKOS/Mark Kohler. I operate out of Nevada so have known of Anderson for many years. I had been a tax client of Anderson in prior years, but never signed up for any of their client programs. I was always hesitant about the upselling into various structures and services that are available for far less expense (e.g. I would never form an entity with them when I can do it online with a firm that charges a fraction of what they charge). But I like the idea that everything's under one roof with their Platinum package and get unlimited consultations, emails from their legal team as opposed to billable hours. I just don't know how well it would work since I already have all the entities and would just need advice, consulting, cleanup, and filing returns, that's pretty much it!
Would appreciate any updated information if you would be willing to add to your above post.
Thanks again.
@Tim Silvers where did you end up and how is it going? Like you said, I do believe you'll see more firms with "all services under one roof" moving forward. My firm integrated the services together and our clients have loved the one stop shopping for all RE accounting, tax, asset protection and entity work. The "big" firms like AA may get a lot of hype but they generally can't compete on the next level tax strategies (Family office type strategies) nor customer service as their employee turnover is quite high.
The out of the box strategies and set ups sold will never replace customized AP/Tax strategies based on individualized circumstances.
@Tim Silvers where did you end up and how is it going? Like you said, I do believe you'll see more firms with "all services under one roof" moving forward. My firm integrated the services together and our clients have loved the one stop shopping for all RE accounting, tax, asset protection and entity work. The "big" firms like AA may get a lot of hype but they generally can't compete on the next level tax strategies (Family office type strategies) nor customer service as their employee turnover is quite high.
The out of the box strategies and set ups sold will never replace customized AP/Tax strategies based on individualized circumstances.
Haven't yet taken the plunge. One of the reasons I am looking at moving forward with them is because I was a prior tax customer. Also, they are local to me. The one stop shopping is definitely the appeal, but remains hard to find.
@Tim Silvers agreed on it remains hard to find! I think you'll see the model continue to evolve in the future, with more "next gen" firms popping up. We went completely distributed and virtual from the jump because I believe that's where professional services is headed in the next 10+ years. If you look at Australia and the UK, these integrated services models have been taking off and in general, those two counties remain ahead of the US in professional services evolution!
I have been working with Anderson Advisors since October 2020. I had done extensive reading and research on best practices and entity implementation that would best meet my specific needs. It can be a daunting task when you are trying to run a business and I finally honored that I am spent! So I decided to hire their help. I had been looking for business professionals that specialized in Real Estate Investment. After my CPA of 30 years retired, I wanted more than just a CPA. I spent a year trying to find what I was looking for, wanting business planning and tax planning and legal assistance working cohesively to plot out my best future course. I was frustrated interviewing professionals to find out I often knew more than they did (specific to real estate) only because I am always reading and continuing to learn my trade to the best of my ability. I certainly Do Not know it all and will never be able to learn enough even though I continue to be a student seeking knowledge always. I want a professional that knows more than I do... or what am I hiring them for. Anderson has been one of my best decisions. I feel you often get what you pay for. Could I have accomplished the entity setup less expensively...yes. But I would not have the expertise of setting it up the best possible way for my specific needs. It may have taken me another 6 months to a year to figure out all the intricacies and that is time I can not afford. I am thrilled to have access daily to accounting, tax planning, business planning and Law issues I can have addressed with a team that is working together to meet all of my needs. That has been invaluable! You pay doing it yourself...although you may initially save money you pay for learning... in time, money, or mistakes. I am choosing this time to pay money to save time and mistakes. I am very pleased with Anderson Business Advisors! They have helped me navigate the complexities to meet all my business needs! I highly recommend them.
@Stephanie Freed Its been a while- can you give me a update on your experience with Anderson? I am looking into them for Tax Planning and also Protection
@Greg O'Brien - Do you mind sharing your company details?
@Herman Sin sure! www.gotaxplanning.com
Really clueless! on their workshop I've asked if LLC owned by 2 non-residents which is partnership and owns michigan Single-memeber LLC would need to fill our 5472. They told me they don't deal with Foreign Laws. LOL. These are all in USA laws. The company has too many clueless Tax or Attorneys...Stay away, they will tell you that what are you doing is under Foreign Laws while charging you $10K for useless advise.
I attended a tax and asset protection seminar in 2018 and I became a platinum member. Since then it's been nothing but a hassle. They don't seem to care about their customers and the tax department is the worst. I've never seen such a mismanaged business. I've recently ended my service with them and things are so much easier and less expensive. Finding a good account and bookkeeper wasn't difficult and using online registered agents was way more cost effective. They put on a good show, but don't buy in. It certainly isn't worth the money.
I attended a tax and asset protection seminar in 2018 and I became a platinum member. Since then it's been nothing but a hassle. They don't seem to care about their customers and the tax department is the worst. I've never seen such a mismanaged business. I've recently ended my service with them and things are so much easier and less expensive. Finding a good account and bookkeeper wasn't difficult and using online registered agents was way more cost effective. They put on a good show, but don't buy in. It certainly isn't worth the money.
I wish I would have seen this message before coughing them payments!
I'm literally in a webinar right now and decided to check the forums before buying..wow am I glad I did!
The problem with reviews in general is that most people don't post positive reviews. Although I really appreciate the negative reviews here. I've personally heard both positive and negative reviews about both Anderson's and Prime Corp, their competition. I'm trying to make a decision between the two and I wonder if it simply depends on which rep employee you are assigned to in each business, and their experience. I know that Prime is having growing pains because a few large mentorships now offer deals with a Prime sign up, so they are overwhelmed right now. I just attended a 7 hour Anderson webinar yesterday and the two owners gave a phenomenal presentation for free. The amount of knowledge I walked away with was incredible. Does anyone have anything more to say here about Anderson? And for those who have compared both companies, did they go with Prime or Anderson and what was their experience? Thanks in advance.
I'm landing here in the same boat as you @Kirstin A. - I had a similar horror story with Prime myself. Just attempting to get them to email/call me back has been difficult after I DID NOT choose to buy their services on the initial call. And this happened both for the original LLC/Entity preso, and the Tax Services preso. I do agree that I think they're having growing pains, but unfortunately that isn't the kind of thing I can afford to just accept when I'm choosing a company to go with.
@Greg O'Brien did I understand that you were advertising having the "all in one" umbrella with your group as well or are you more focused/consolidated in the tax prep area? I'm in the market for entity config and tax planning/prep. It seemed like most the folks you have on staff are CPA or other, but no specific legal experts. Is this something you use outsourced resources, or are there others on staff that do handle this aspect of things? sorry I think I see now your co-ceo has a JD, missed that on the first pass. Curious though if you have other paras or intend to bring on more folks on the legal side since most the others are ops and CPAs?
Hey Shawm - thanks for the comment! We are a subscription based company, focused on tax strategy (and accounting) which very often includes our suggestions on entity structuring from a tax point of view.
I might be bias, but most large corporations are focused so much on scaling that they lose touch on the client's needs. Wouldn't you rather be a big fish in a small pond? Just think, they have clients with billings 10x yours... Those are the clients they focus on.
Many other firms offer the same knowledge at a fraction of the cost because they don't have office overhead or tons of highly paid employees to float. You might have to search for who is your best fit, but the time spent will most likely be worth it in savings and service.
I'm landing here in the same boat as you @Kirstin A. - I had a similar horror story with Prime myself. Just attempting to get them to email/call me back has been difficult after I DID NOT choose to buy their services on the initial call. And this happened both for the original LLC/Entity preso, and the Tax Services preso. I do agree that I think they're having growing pains, but unfortunately that isn't the kind of thing I can afford to just accept when I'm choosing a company to go with.
@Greg O'Brien did I understand that you were advertising having the "all in one" umbrella with your group as well or are you more focused/consolidated in the tax prep area? I'm in the market for entity config and tax planning/prep. It seemed like most the folks you have on staff are CPA or other, but no specific legal experts. Is this something you use outsourced resources, or are there others on staff that do handle this aspect of things? sorry I think I see now your co-ceo has a JD, missed that on the first pass. Curious though if you have other paras or intend to bring on more folks on the legal side since most the others are ops and CPAs?
Hi @Shawn Mix agreed. I decided on Andersons Advisors and couldn’t be happier. They run a tight ship and their advisors are available from 9-2 PT in a zoom room for any questions I may have. They provide one-on-one assistance from my specially assigned advisor if I need more extensive assistance for an hour a day during zoom, in 15 min interval appts. I can talk directly with them afterwards if I need more questions answered. I haven’t used them for taxes yet, I hope that’s not their weak place but i will report back. So far, it’s 100% positive.
@Shawn Mixundefined
I'm landing here in the same boat as you @Kirstin A. - I had a similar horror story with Prime myself. Just attempting to get them to email/call me back has been difficult after I DID NOT choose to buy their services on the initial call. And this happened both for the original LLC/Entity preso, and the Tax Services preso. I do agree that I think they're having growing pains, but unfortunately that isn't the kind of thing I can afford to just accept when I'm choosing a company to go with.
@Greg O'Brien did I understand that you were advertising having the "all in one" umbrella with your group as well or are you more focused/consolidated in the tax prep area? I'm in the market for entity config and tax planning/prep. It seemed like most the folks you have on staff are CPA or other, but no specific legal experts. Is this something you use outsourced resources, or are there others on staff that do handle this aspect of things? sorry I think I see now your co-ceo has a JD, missed that on the first pass. Curious though if you have other paras or intend to bring on more folks on the legal side since most the others are ops and CPAs?
Hi @Shawn Mix agreed. I decided on Andersons Advisors and couldn’t be happier. They run a tight ship and their advisors are available from 9-2 PT in a zoom room for any questions I may have. They provide one-on-one assistance from my specially assigned advisor if I need more extensive assistance for an hour a day during zoom, in 15 min interval appts. I can talk directly with them afterwards if I need more questions answered. I haven’t used them for taxes yet, I hope that’s not their weak place but i will report back. So far, it’s 100% positive.
@Shawn Mixundefined
I agree Kirstin, Anderson isn't cheap but I feel much more confident and secure with them on my side. I have attended the daily zooms a number of times and got answers to questions pretty quickly. As a platinum member I also have my own team to contact when looking for advice or help reviewing documents. I appreciate all their training as well. I started out with the other guys, getting a couple LLC's done but became disappointed with them because of response time, and conflicting information. I had to have Anderson re-do one of my LLC's from the other guys to save me money in annual state fees ..I look at it this way, as long as my business/investment income covers the costs I don't have a problem paying for reliable - worry free information and work. I wasted too much time trying to piece it all together and when you're in different states it's all the more challenging to make sure everything is legit. AA gets kudos from me for the past 2 years. I love the blue print they made for me showing how all my businesses, trusts... are laid out. Nice having all my information organized and easy to find as well.
I'm landing here in the same boat as you @Kirstin A. - I had a similar horror story with Prime myself. Just attempting to get them to email/call me back has been difficult after I DID NOT choose to buy their services on the initial call. And this happened both for the original LLC/Entity preso, and the Tax Services preso. I do agree that I think they're having growing pains, but unfortunately that isn't the kind of thing I can afford to just accept when I'm choosing a company to go with.
@Greg O'Brien did I understand that you were advertising having the "all in one" umbrella with your group as well or are you more focused/consolidated in the tax prep area? I'm in the market for entity config and tax planning/prep. It seemed like most the folks you have on staff are CPA or other, but no specific legal experts. Is this something you use outsourced resources, or are there others on staff that do handle this aspect of things? sorry I think I see now your co-ceo has a JD, missed that on the first pass. Curious though if you have other paras or intend to bring on more folks on the legal side since most the others are ops and CPAs?
Hi @Shawn Mix agreed. I decided on Andersons Advisors and couldn’t be happier. They run a tight ship and their advisors are available from 9-2 PT in a zoom room for any questions I may have. They provide one-on-one assistance from my specially assigned advisor if I need more extensive assistance for an hour a day during zoom, in 15 min interval appts. I can talk directly with them afterwards if I need more questions answered. I haven’t used them for taxes yet, I hope that’s not their weak place but i will report back. So far, it’s 100% positive.
@Shawn Mixundefined
I agree Kirstin, Anderson isn't cheap but I feel much more confident and secure with them on my side. I have attended the daily zooms a number of times and got answers to questions pretty quickly. As a platinum member I also have my own team to contact when looking for advice or help reviewing documents. I appreciate all their training as well. I started out with the other guys, getting a couple LLC's done but became disappointed with them because of response time, and conflicting information. I had to have Anderson re-do one of my LLC's from the other guys to save me money in annual state fees ..I look at it this way, as long as my business/investment income covers the costs I don't have a problem paying for reliable - worry free information and work. I wasted too much time trying to piece it all together and when you're in different states it's all the more challenging to make sure everything is legit. AA gets kudos from me for the past 2 years. I love the blue print they made for me showing how all my businesses, trusts... are laid out. Nice having all my information organized and easy to find as well.