Ready for 7 digit success stories?

Ready for 7 digit success stories?

Will BarnardPro Member
Moderator
Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes

I contracted to purchase an REO in December of 2010, skipping all the long and boring details, I finally just received word that the deal is accepted and I am now in escrow. I will not post any of the real numbers here until i close however, it looks like this:
$1,200,000 spread on one single family residence flip!!

Recently, I just closed a deal in Calabasas, CA where I had a net profit in excess of $200,000 where the sold price was $1,175,000. Project took 6 months from date of purchase to sold date.

Always looking to do better, 6 figure spreads are good, but 7 figure spreads are better!

I will keep you all posted on how this goes.
I hope this post can inspire those to think big and most importantly, take action in a big way.

12Reply
679 views

Most Popular Reply

Dawn AnastasiPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
12y

Has this one sold yet?

See this reply in the discussion

198 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    Been super busy as of late, hence my recent lack of attendance on BP. One of the reasons is this deal. I finally closed the purchase escrow on this 7 figure deal and am now the owner of record. Start rehab as I type. I am hoping the market stays with the low inventory during the time I hold this, as that will help drive my exit value up.

    This will be a major undertaking and I am considering having this project filmed for future use. Good idea or no?

    During the very long battle to acquire this deal, my final purchase price was negotiated all the way down to $815k. My first contract price was for $1.1 M and the original price wanted was $1.7M.

  • Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Will Barnard:
    During the very long battle to acquire this deal, my final purchase price was negotiated all the way down to $815k. My first contract price was for $1.1 M and the original price wanted was $1.7M.

    Nice. What kind of property is it?

  • Real Estate investor · Atglen, PA · Member since 2011 · 90 posts · 21 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Will Barnard:

    This will be a major undertaking and I am considering having this project filmed for future use. Good idea or no?

    Will Barnard I think that is a great idea. I've been following this thread, and I'd be very interested in seeing the whats and hows of this project.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Westchester, CA · Member since 2010 · 56 posts · 3 votes
    14y

    Congratulations Will and wishes for your continued success.

  • Real Estate Investor · Member since 2011 · 56 posts · 9 votes
    14y

    Thanks for the update Will.

    Did you find a bunch of problems to able to to lower the price from $1.1 M contracted to $815k?

    Where is this property located?

    and also, did you learn how to post images on BP yet? :)

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    Will Barnard I was just thinking about your deal today and wondering if you had closed it yet. Haven't seen you on here for the past few weeks, and have been wondering where you were!

    So .. the house is in Calabassas and was bank owned? What size house is it, etc. What will it take to rehab, etc.?

    Great deal getting them down that far! Unheard of in So Cal.

    Personally, I think filming would be a great idea! CONGRATULATIONS!!

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    Kyle J. - It is an SFR with 7200+ square feet on over 2 acres.

    James Vermillion - Thanks, I think I just may do that.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    Peter Lee - I have, just not had time to do so yet. Could not figure out how to do so from the iPad, so I sent iPad photos to desktop and will do so from there.

    Karen M. - yes, been very busy but will try and make some time for BP. It is kind of like an addiction, once you get into BP, you just can't get away from it for too long!

  • Investor · El Paso/Socorro, TX · Member since 2012 · 365 posts · 75 votes
    14y

    Congratulations!
    Film and photos please.

  • Investor · Statewide, MO · Member since 2011 · 815 posts · 425 votes
    14y

    Will! Great post. wow.

    I'd film it like crazy. What a great way to build credibility with private money lenders.

    Thanks for the updates.

  • SFR Investor · Valencia, CA · Member since 2012 · 22 posts · 0 votes
    14y

    Will, let's get together for coffee! ;) I'd love to pick your brain.

  • Investor · San Ramon, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 569 votes
    14y

    Hey Will... why did it take 20 months to close on an REO?? There's gotta be a heck of a back story here...

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 380 votes
    14y

    Will Barnard- keep up the good work.

    Let me know when you are wrapping up the rehab... its a long shot but I have an end buyer that might be interested in something like that... certainly would love the opportunity to look.

  • Rehabber · Albuquerque, NM - New Mexico · Member since 2011 · 283 posts · 38 votes
    14y

    Will Barnard It would be great to have a video, that's what I'm voting on! I thought that's what you were working on. Good job :)

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Michael Campbell:
    Will, let's get together for coffee! ;) I'd love to pick your brain.
    I don't do Coffee, but am up for a beer or three!
    Get in touch with me. I am in the SFV most of this week and next. mainly Sylmar, Sherman Oaks, and Agoura so hit me up.

    Nathan Emmert - You got that right, a long story. I will tell it soon, have some loose ends to wrap up first.

    Jake Kucheck - Of course! I welcome the opportunity for you. Should be 4 months or so for completion. I will let you know. By the way, get busy on Investor Experts, you are not using it for its potential!

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    Will Barnard what's Investor Experts?

  • Investor · Murfreesboro, TN · Member since 2011 · 113 posts · 16 votes
    14y

    Karen M. Investor Experts is tool for finding deals and submitting offers in a nutshell. I checked out the sit and want to know when this service is coming to Middle TN? It sounds awesome.

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    Michael Pilarski Thank you!

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    Yes, Investor Experts is my new company that allows the user to quickly and easily scan all active and pending MLS deals, run a deal calculator and submit an offer direct to list agent in minutes, rather than hours and hours. Only available in CA at the moment but we will be expanding.

    Back to topic, had some good news from some recent inspections on this property and my bids from contractors are coming in within my expected budget, that is ALWYS good news.

  • SFR Investor · Valencia, CA · Member since 2012 · 22 posts · 0 votes
    14y

    Will Barnard That works, I'm in NoHo during the days. I'll get something on the calendar.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    Ok. NH is fairly close to Sherman Oaks.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    OK, so first day of filming took place today on this large, 4 month rehab. 2-3 more will ocur, then editing and such for final video.

    I will post a few still photos as a teaser . . .coming soon.

  • Rehabber · Albuquerque, NM - New Mexico · Member since 2011 · 283 posts · 38 votes
    14y

    Yes! Finally! I've been crazy eager :D

  • Ernie BeilerPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Gap, PA · Member since 2011 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    14y

    I'm always interested in hearing others success. This looks like a home run and I'll be following it closely.

  • Investor · Union, NJ · Member since 2011 · 838 posts · 295 votes
    14y

    Hey Will,

    Did you post the square footage of this building? IF you did I missed it.

    Look forwarad to seeing some pics and progress on this project!

    regards,
    Chris

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.