Ready for 7 digit success stories?

Ready for 7 digit success stories?

Will BarnardPro Member
Moderator
Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes

I contracted to purchase an REO in December of 2010, skipping all the long and boring details, I finally just received word that the deal is accepted and I am now in escrow. I will not post any of the real numbers here until i close however, it looks like this:
$1,200,000 spread on one single family residence flip!!

Recently, I just closed a deal in Calabasas, CA where I had a net profit in excess of $200,000 where the sold price was $1,175,000. Project took 6 months from date of purchase to sold date.

Always looking to do better, 6 figure spreads are good, but 7 figure spreads are better!

I will keep you all posted on how this goes.
I hope this post can inspire those to think big and most importantly, take action in a big way.

12Reply
679 views

Most Popular Reply

Dawn AnastasiPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
12y

Has this one sold yet?

See this reply in the discussion

198 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Lender · Pt Hueneme, CA · Member since 2012 · 110 posts · 47 votes
    12y

    Wow, Will looks fabulous; great job...Rick and Deb Bradd

  • Barstow, CA · Member since 2013 · 51 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    @Will Barnard

    Did I miss the part were Will was swinging the hammer and hanging dry wall??? :D

    Outstanding job Will to you and your team!

  • Ogden, UT · Member since 2013 · 266 posts · 51 votes
    12y

    one awesome house.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Newport Beach, CA · Member since 2008 · 45 posts · 9 votes
    12y

    Cool video seeing it all come together. Great job Will. It was good seeing you on Friday at I Survived.

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    What kind of market activity are you seeing on this, Will?

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by Jon Klaus:
    What kind of market activity are you seeing on this, Will?

    I don't want to put the cart before the horse but I had a showing this last week and it went very well. My agent stated, "I would be amazed if they don't buy it".

    Have two more showings upcoming and the feedback from everyone, agents, neighbors, open house visitors has all been spectacular.

  • Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2011 · 475 posts · 211 votes
    12y

    Bravo! Fabulous tour de force in how to do things right.

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 270 posts · 40 votes
    12y

    absolutely amazing project @Will Barnard really inspiring to me to amount of issues you battled through for this one and it looks like it was well worth the fight!!

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2008 · 44 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    What are your costs so far on the project?

    Great job. Good luck with the sale.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by Jonathan W.:
    What are your costs so far on the project?

    Great job. Good luck with the sale.

    Not counting holding costs and debt service costs, I have around $2M into this project.

  • Real Estate Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2010 · 449 posts · 173 votes
    12y

    Wow! Absolutely beautiful! This is pure inspiration...

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Nice work Will! I love the house.

  • Douglas LarsonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2008 · 410 posts · 337 votes
    12y

    @Will Barnard

    You are an inspiration! Great stuff!

    Oh, and I'm willing to help you out as an onsite caretaker until it sells... just out of the goodness of my heart. ;-)

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by Douglas Larson:

    Oh, and I'm willing to help you out as an onsite caretaker until it sells... just out of the goodness of my heart. ;-)

    Your willingness to give is overwhelming! :)~

  • FL · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 357 votes
    12y

    @Will Barnard,

    Thank you for sharing.

    It is appreciated.

    Raymond

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2013 · 348 posts · 128 votes
    12y

    @Will Barnard

    I'm just curious, but if you don't mind me asking, what does it cost to stage a house of this size and class? I'm assuming you don't have all your own furniture, but I could be wrong.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by Jacob Allen:
    @Will Barnard

    I'm just curious, but if you don't mind me asking, what does it cost to stage a house of this size and class? I'm assuming you don't have all your own furniture, but I could be wrong.

    The staging fee and all the furniture for 4 months, including set-up and take down ran approx. $28k. I also purchased patio furniture that I will either sell with the home or take to the next project. That cost an additional $8k.

  • Deborah BurianPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 412 votes
    12y

    @Will Barnard - what a terrific project and a gorgeous video. Best of luck on the sale and thank you for the complete disclosure of costs, hassles, etc.

  • Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2012 · 27 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Nice job Will keep it up...

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    12y

    Here is the "after only" portion of the video on this project which has been used along with many other resources in the marketing of the property.

  • Dawn AnastasiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Has this one sold yet?

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Will, what are average days on market for true comps?

  • Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2013 · 90 posts · 43 votes
    12y

    wow. I'm still showing it for sale at just under 4million. Looks amazing

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Jon Klaus:
    Will, what are average days on market for true comps?

    Many of the solds average more than 6 months, however, very few of those were of the quality and desirability of the subject property. The holidays really slowed things down and have also attributed to my inflated DOM thus far.

    The property has not sold yet and now that the holidays are over, things should pick up. I am also currently looking into approvals to develop the lots below and assuming I can, I may drop the price dramatically but not include the lower lots, then I could spec build 2-5 custom ranch homes

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Orange, CA · Member since 2012 · 68 posts · 63 votes
    12y

    @ any update? how are things going with this flip? House looks incredible

    Pete Hanson

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.