BiggerPockets Podcast 041: How to Profit Through Long Term Flipping and Lease Options with Douglas Larson
On today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we are excited to bring you a fascinating interview with real estate investor Douglas Larson.
Douglas has been investing for over 15 years, doing everything from flipping, buy and hold, lease options and more. Additionally, Douglas has some great stories of working for several weeks on a Guru sales floor, and sheds new light on the shady sales world that we, at BiggerPockets, stand so strongly against.
You definitely don’t want to miss this entertaining and informative show!
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show, We Cover
- How Douglas started investing in an expensive location
- Tips for starting while working a full time job
- How to encourage your spouse to support your REI dream
- Tips for bidding for properties in online auctions
- “Scandal” in the online auction world
- Working with your spouse in a real estate business
- Lessons learned while working the “Guru” sales training
- Tips for dealing with contractors and keeping them on the job site
- And a lot more!
Links from the Show
- What Does the Fox Say (See the Video Below!)
- The 9-Year-Old Idea That Continues to Change Lives: Happy Birthday BiggerPockets!
- The BiggerPockets Podcast Homepage (Check out our new photo!)
- The BiggerPockets Resources Page
- BP Podcast 028: Note Investing and Raising Private Money with Dave Van Horn
- BP Podcast 037: Full Time Income, Part Time Lifestyle Real Estate Investing with Aaron Mazzrillo
- BP Podcast 034: Virtual Real Estate Investing and How to Find Great Deals in a Hot Market with Anson Young
- John T Reed – The B.S. Checklist
**Also – be sure to check out this great article from Douglas from over in the BiggerPockets Member Blogs with even more information from Douglas, as well as some photos of some of the properties mentioned in the show! “Bigger Pockets Podcast Show 41…” **
Books Mentioned in the Show
- The 4 Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- Rich Dad Poor Dadby Robert Kiyosaki
- Rich Dad’s Success Stories: Real Life Success Stories from Real Life People Who Followed the Rich Dad Lessons by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by
- Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven D. Levitt
People pay good money for turn key investments (Tweet This!)
A lot of people can talk story – but not everyone get’s it.(Tweet This!)
Luck doesn’t fall from the sky. You make your own luck.(Tweet This!)
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Connect with Douglas
Josh and Brandon at FinCon13