Ready for 7 digit success stories?

Ready for 7 digit success stories?

Will BarnardPro Member
Moderator
Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes

I contracted to purchase an REO in December of 2010, skipping all the long and boring details, I finally just received word that the deal is accepted and I am now in escrow. I will not post any of the real numbers here until i close however, it looks like this:
$1,200,000 spread on one single family residence flip!!

Recently, I just closed a deal in Calabasas, CA where I had a net profit in excess of $200,000 where the sold price was $1,175,000. Project took 6 months from date of purchase to sold date.

Always looking to do better, 6 figure spreads are good, but 7 figure spreads are better!

I will keep you all posted on how this goes.
I hope this post can inspire those to think big and most importantly, take action in a big way.

12Reply
692 views

Most Popular Reply

Dawn AnastasiPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
12y

Has this one sold yet?

See this reply in the discussion

198 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    It just won't be in the sellers disclosures!

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 39 posts · 1 vote
    13y
    Great post and motivational. Keep us posted.
  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    13y

    second showing to same buyer this weekend, looking good. Almost finished with the project. Should be just a few weeks more.

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 270 posts · 40 votes
    13y

    Love whats going on here, but im itching for an update @Will Barnard

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Ceasar Blackman:
    Love whats going on here, but im itching for an update @Will Barnard

    Here is a scratch for that itch. Staging begins tomorrow. Interior complete, exterior landscape and hardscape along with exterior touch ups remain and will be completed by this weekend. Will get final video shot, hit on MLS and start video editing after.

  • Barstow, CA · Member since 2013 · 51 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    @Will Barnard

    Outstanding Will, how about a few visual aids sounds like quite a bit has changed since the last photos were posted.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    13y
  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2012 · 22 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    Fixed!

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    13y

    Almost, the scaffolding is still up from the painting crew and the landscape needs to go in. Finished photos next week.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 14 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Wow... amazing progress...just ran into this story...cant wait to see the video @Will Barnard .

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    13y

    You all may have noticed that I have only been able to make a post or two a day over the last 3 weeks or so, in large part due to the enormous pressure of deadlines, this investment in particular.

    The long journey is almost over and the rehab is now completed. The final portion of the video was filmed Friday, the property is now on the MLS as of today, and I should have the fully edited video by next week. I will post when completed.

    If any of you local to me members care to see the property in all its finished glory, please contact me for a viewing. I am having a broker's open Friday, October 4, 2013 from 11am - 2pm so any and all RE agents are welcome to come by.

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    Will, do you mind posting the MLS number or a link to the listing. Almost there!

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Jon Klaus:
    Will, do you mind posting the MLS number or a link to the listing. Almost there!

    My pleasure Jon.

    MLS listing:

    Photos on the MLS are temporary, the professional still photos will be uploaded next week and make this look even better!

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2013 · 348 posts · 128 votes
    13y

    I'm in awe. Well done sir. I'll say a little prayer for a quick sale tonight for you.

  • Huachuca City, AZ · Member since 2012 · 14 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    Will,

    This was quite the undertaking! What a great job and inspiration for BP Nation!

    I'm like you. It doesn't take any more effort to thing and dream big versus dreaming small. I'm working on making my BIG dreams happen as well.

    Curtis

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2013 · 141 posts · 93 votes
    13y

    What a beauty! Great job, Will! Hope she sells quickly!

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Sarah Lam:
    What a beauty! Great job, Will! Hope she sells quickly!

    I hope so too, thanks for the support everyone. I have high expectations for this beauty to sell quickly as the market is strong here and the estate is one of a kind.

    The staging of this home was very expensive. However, necessary in a home of this size and I believe the costs will be made up in the sale price as it shows so much better staged than empty. My stager did a fabulous job and the photos do not do this home a justice. Seeing in person is the only way to fully appreciate the work.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Frisco, TX · Member since 2012 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    Very impressive @Will Barnard. I've been following this since joining BP and I have waited for the day to see your completion. Great rehab, great staging as well! Again, excellent work. Praying that this sells fast for you sir!

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2011 · 308 posts · 59 votes
    13y

    Amazing work! Do the agents on each side get 3%, or is it typically less on these kinds of houses? That would be $127,500 per side!

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Bryce Y.:
    Amazing work! Do the agents on each side get 3%, or is it typically less on these kinds of houses? That would be $127,500 per side!

    With the exception of never saying never, I never pay 6% as an investor with volume. In this case, I am paying my typical 5%, 2.5% per side. Great question @Bryce Y.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    12y

    The "After"

  • Barstow, CA · Member since 2013 · 51 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    @Will Barnard

    Bravo Will!

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 270 posts · 40 votes
    12y

    amazing wok @Will Barnard ... im greedy cant cant wait for the full video

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by Ceasar Blackman:
    amazing wok @Will Barnard ... im greedy cant cant wait for the full video

    Well, you are in luck as only a few minor edits are needed before the release of the video. It is awesome, coming to a BP thread near you.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    12y

    The long awaited video is finally completed, here it is!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.