Real Estate Agent · NJ · Member since 2019 · 237 posts · 169 votes
6y
Hi Troy,
It really depends on your need. Do you feel confident enough you can handle the deal on your own? Do you have the money needed to close the deal? Those two factors will determine whether you need a partner or not. Some people like working with others and some prefer working solo. A mentor and a partner can be the same thing, but not all mentors are partners and vice versa. Check out local meet ups in your area and if there aren't any create your own and post it up on BP or other sites. That is a good way to start networking and finding potential partners as well as learning from your peers directly .
I live in Canada. Terms and some strategies are a little different from what I am learning.
1. I am seeking help with my first deal.
2. I am looking for a mentor that can relate to me and my area in Ontario.
3. Any analysis advice is helpful.
4. Do I partner for my first deal if its a fourplex or not?
5. I am confident on the deal, I wonder if the experts will agree?
Reach out! I will certainly get back!
I would not be in a rush to partner on your first deal if you can buy something smaller. Lots you can learn on your own. One less variable to worry about if you do not need to manage a partner.
I am not against partners. Just it will be a layer of complexity that might overcomplicate things.
As to being in Canada. Use the member area to search for Canada. People who live there, deals they have done there, etc. Also search for or post on your location, the local meetings, etc.
Be a bit slow to commit to spending money on coaching, mentoring, etc. There are some real sharks out there. No jumping into bed with them after 1 meeting.