1896 SFH DISASTER TO PROFITABLE STR FOR SAN ANTONIO VISITORS!!!

1896 SFH DISASTER TO PROFITABLE STR FOR SAN ANTONIO VISITORS!!!

Member since 2019 路 26 posts 路 16 votes

Investment Info:

Small multi-family (2-4 units) buy & hold investment in San Antonio.

Purchase price: $23,000
Cash invested: $250,000

My investment baby.

This is where it all started. I bought this home with my boyfriend at the time 5 years ago, with the desire to turn it into my home close to downtown SA, Pearl, Local Coffee. The relationship ended, and I didn't know what to do with it by myself. Although I had lots of ideas (like a small tiny house community- just no knowledge about how to make it happen-- still have this desire btw-- just maybe elsewhere). So I just held on to it for years. Kept it cleaned up, got a few no

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Initially, it was a personal investment for a private home. But it became a rental investment that has opened the door to real estate investment for me!

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I found it on Zillow five years ago.

How did you finance this deal?

Paid cash then private money partner for the build out.

How did you add value to the deal?

I turned it into a duplex from a single family home on a small lot.

What was the outcome?

I high functioning short term rental in the heart of San Antonio!

Lessons learned? Challenges?

VET your CONTRACTORS!!! DON"T STOP. CRY IT OUT THEN KEEP GOING!!

2Reply
15 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor 路 San Antonio, TX 路 Member since 2017 路 344 posts 路 268 votes
    6y

    Awesome place!  My jaw dropped when I saw you bought the place for 23k. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 Fayetteville, AR 路 Member since 2016 路 130 posts 路 62 votes
    6y

    @Anna Villalobos Congratulations! What a great accomplishment. The first property my wife and I decided to purchase and rehab was a 1904 SFH in a historic district. As I'm sure you are well aware, the learning curve can be extremely steep so I definitely appreciate what you were able to accomplish.

  • Member since 2019 路 26 posts 路 16 votes
    6y

    @Aaron Bihl LOL, yeah, that was back in the day! 馃檭 Those are MUCH harder to find these days!!

  • Member since 2019 路 26 posts 路 16 votes
    6y

    @Mike Castellow Oh man, I had no clue!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.