First BRRR Project in Las Vegas w/out Any Knowledge in REI

First BRRR Project in Las Vegas w/out Any Knowledge in REI

Los Angeles · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 1 vote

Investment Info:

Other fix & flip investment in Las Vegas.

Purchase price: $89,000
Cash invested: $132,000

The first fix and hold property I bought without any knowledge in real estate investing.

A condo in a C+ area.
Bought from a wholesaler (introduced by a family friend) at below market price.
Listed purchase price $89,000. Final price + closing cost $116,000
Rehabbed cost $16,000
The unit is still vacant

So far, it's been a mess. I haven't done re-analyze this deal yet. Will keep you guys updated.

0Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2017 · 279 posts · 133 votes
6y

Yeah, this definitely doesn't seem right from the few details that we have before us. Did you use an agent or were you self represented? If you didn't use an agent, I recommend that you do in the future. If not for the whole transaction at least to look over the contracts and give you an idea if something doesn't look right. 

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    Why a mess ?

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2017 · 279 posts · 133 votes
    6y

    How much do you think you'll be able to rent it for? Is it a 2 bed/2bath? Do you know how much the HOA is?

  • Seabrook/Galveston · Member since 2018 · 274 posts · 178 votes
    6y

    You payed $27k in closing costs on an $89k purchase?

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2017 · 279 posts · 133 votes
    6y

    Good morning! I am in suspense waiting for your response. Please let us know why you feel this has become a mess, the number of beds/baths, how much the HOA fee is, and where the $27,000 of closing costs came from. We may be able to turn this mess into a gem but will need more information.

  • Los Angeles · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    6y
    Originally posted by @Brad Bellstedt:

    Good morning! I am in suspense waiting for your response. Please let us know why you feel this has become a mess, the number of beds/baths, how much the HOA fee is, and where the $27,000 of closing costs came from. We may be able to turn this mess into a gem but will need more information.

    Hi, I am sorry that I didn't check the reply in this post on time.

    The property went through 2 LLC's hands, each added $10,000, hence $20,000 extra was added.

    The property is 2/2, and the rent is $1,200. HOA $188 (sewer, water, garbage included)

  • Los Angeles · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    6y
    Originally posted by @Bruce C.:

    You payed $27k in closing costs on an $89k purchase?

    Yeah. $20,000 were paid to 2 LLC's that were middle man (wholesaler)

  • Los Angeles · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    6y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Why a mess ?

    It's a mess because I didn't know what I was doing. For example, I didn't know that $20,000 was paid to wholesaler after I learned so much from BiggerPockets.

    At the end of the day, as a BRRR deal, it barely cashflows. With so much cash put in, after the refinance, I would still leave $20+k in the deal and won't get any cash flow

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    Wow..you didnt know you have to pay 20K to a wholesaler ? That wholesaler sounds shady if that is the case

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2017 · 279 posts · 133 votes
    6y

    Yeah, this definitely doesn't seem right from the few details that we have before us. Did you use an agent or were you self represented? If you didn't use an agent, I recommend that you do in the future. If not for the whole transaction at least to look over the contracts and give you an idea if something doesn't look right. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.