Deal analysis for OOS Investing Columbus, Ohio

Deal analysis for OOS Investing Columbus, Ohio

New to Real Estate · Virginia Beach, VA (Virginia Beach) · Member since 2020 · 29 posts · 19 votes

Duplex in downtown Columbus, Ohio. 4 bed/2 bath per side. Wondering what you guys think of this? I'm currently working on my goal of 100 deals in 90 days. This is the 32nd deal I've analyzed. I started analyzing other markets as I'm interested in what they look like. This is the best deal I've come across so far as long as my numbers look good. I try to be really conservative with my numbers leaving a lot of cushion in case something goes south. The duplex looks like it's in good shape from the pictures I see. Looks like the only thing it needs is a re finish of the wood floors and maybe some fresh paint. The rentals in the area that I see on the MLS that are 4 bed all range from $1900 to $2500.

Also, it took some getting used to but I really like the updated calculator so far!

Edit: One issue I just noticed with the calculator is when I generate a PDF it doesn't show my expenses on the PDF. The total expenses number is correct but when I look at each individual expense they all equal $0.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

1Reply
23 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Justin Jones:

    Duplex in downtown Columbus, Ohio. 4 bed/2 bath per side. Wondering what you guys think of this? I'm currently working on my goal of 100 deals in 90 days. This is the 32nd deal I've analyzed. I started analyzing other markets as I'm interested in what they look like. This is the best deal I've come across so far as long as my numbers look good. I try to be really conservative with my numbers leaving a lot of cushion in case something goes south. The duplex looks like it's in good shape from the pictures I see. Looks like the only thing it needs is a re finish of the wood floors and maybe some fresh paint. The rentals in the area that I see on the MLS that are 4 bed all range from $1900 to $2500.

    There a

    Also, it took some getting used to but I really like the updated calculator so far!

    Edit: One issue I just noticed with the calculator is when I generate a PDF it doesn't show my expenses on the PDF. The total expenses number is correct but when I look at each individual expense they all equal $0.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

     rents are pretty high for columbus. there are better deals than this one. Why focus in this particular area? 

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Overall, the numbers look to work pretty well. I would be interested to know what neighborhood it's in @Justin Jones!

  • New to Real Estate · Virginia Beach, VA (Virginia Beach) · Member since 2020 · 29 posts · 19 votes
    6y

    @Robert Ellis @Zeke Liston Sent you both a message.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.