Philadelphia Historic Trinity Home - Sell or Rent?

Philadelphia Historic Trinity Home - Sell or Rent?

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hi all,

I own a historic trinity home in the Queen Village neighborhood of Philadelphia and would appreciate your insights on whether this style of home, in this neighborhood, would make a good investment as a long-term rental or airbnb. I need some feedback from experienced investors familiar with trinity homes to help me decide whether to rent or sell the property. 

Many thanks!

-C

0Reply
37 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2019 · 618 posts · 430 votes
    6y

    Hi Chris,

    To me it matters what your plans and goals are. Do you have other rentals? Was this your primary and you are moving? AirBnBs in Philly from what I can tell are a tough game right now.  

    I dont know the size/condition of your place but heres a trinity for you to go off of rent wise.

    https://www.apartments.com/gre...

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Hi Eric,

    Thanks for your reply, and I appreciate your feedback.

    You're correct in that the Trinity was my primary (1st home) and I'm moving.

    This would be my first investment property. My goals for keeping it as a rental unit would be to:

    1) diversify investments to include stable, income-producing real property

    2) gain experience as a landlord 

    I'm confident the property would rent, but I'm concerned that a historic Trinity might require more time/money to profitably manage (vs. a more contemporary home), because of the age of the property and the quirky layout and maintenance needs. 

    Any additional feedback would be appreciated.

    Thanks again!

    Chris

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.